*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1524258-Justice
by ruwth
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #1524258
"If it doesn't fit, you must acquit." Justice?
Justice?


          "If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit." Do those words reflect justice? We really do not know – and in another sense we do know that no matter what the truth was in this case, there was no justice.

         We do not know if those words and that display brought out the truth in this case. Without the truth, can there be any real justice? Were the people involved with the O.J.Simpson case trying to bring out the truth? It is more likely that they were just trying to sway the jury to their side.

          "If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit." These words and the accompanying display in part accomplished that for the defense but did they prove Simpson’s innocence? Justice was definitely not served in that nothing definite was established. If Simpson did kill his ex-wife, a wealthy celebrity getting acquitted definitely did not serve justice. If Simpson was indeed innocent, justice was not served in that an innocent man did not deserve to go through this ordeal much less live with an eternal cloud of suspicion.

         Justice? I think not.


© Copyright 2009 ruwth (ruwth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1524258-Justice