*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1524322-Little-Orphan-Harley
Rated: E · Assignment · None · #1524322
Less than 500 Words describing my Mentor from my point of view.
Little Orphan Harley
*** Author's Note: Object of this assignment was to describe my WDC Mentor in 500 words or less with limited information***

Waking to yet another beautiful Georgia morning, Harley stretches her aching limbs before swinging her feet over the edge of the bed. At a mere 24 years of age, she sometimes feels old beyond her years. It’s been said by some that she’s wise beyond her years. But she didn’t know that her expanded wisdom also controlled her aching muscles.

She knows she outdid herself last night on her regular exercise program; but she had no idea that her muscles would be this sore. Her routine exercise schedule for the day before was for the upper body opposed to lower body or even cardiovascular. That was nothing new. She’s done that in the past. So, she expected her arms, shoulders, even her breasts to hurt. What she couldn’t figure out was why all of her other muscles hurt.

After finishing her morning shower, she wrapped her long brown hair in a towel and donned her terrycloth robe. Dressed for her day at the office, she powered up the computer on her desk.

While the “Beast”, as she liked to call it, was warming up for the day’s activities; Harley brewed her tea and toasted her bread.

While sitting and staring at the Beast, Harley began reminiscing about the yesteryears. Remembering her days as a “Newbie” at the place that would eventually become her second home; she realizes the changes that she herself has become a major part of. These are now the days where the terms Newbie and Adopted have become one in the same.

No longer are there wayward souls trying to find their way through the pit stop on the Information Super Highway known as Writing.com. These are the days of the “Adopt-A-Newbie” programs where veteran members such as Harley help out the newer ones.

Unlike the yesteryears, today’s Mentor will take the “Newbie” under their wing and make every attempt to guide them through the realms of the site. Yes folks. Our “Little Orphan Harley” dons her terry cloth robe every morning and fights off pains of adulthood to protect the newbie from the evils of the unknown.

She tirelessly slays discouragement like a knight slays dragons. She’s faster than any run on sentence, more powerful than nouns, and more active than verbs. She’s Little Orphan Harley riding her Harley Davidson Big Wheel down the sidewalk of Discovery, Knowledge, and Enlightenment.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2009 AJ Garrett (aj_garrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1524322-Little-Orphan-Harley