*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1525061-The-Unfriendly-Darkness
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Experience · #1525061
story with a twist. any comments good or bad greatly appreciated
  Steven Banks had started out as a good friend of mine, he had always been there for me whenever I needed my usual fix of drugs, or a good party. Steven would only come to me in the darkness... the night was our time for fun. But lately he had changed. The drugs were becoming heavier, the parties more wild. He grew more and more violent. The more I wanted Steven to dissapear, the longer he stayed. The more that I tried to push him away... the closer he got.

  These thoughts spin through my head as Steven traps my arm in the door. The fight had started out small; the usual stuff. He wanted drugs, and I had voiced my concern just as I always did. The subject had snowballed, and turned into this.
  Steven picks up a hammer, slamming it down on my leg. As I scream out in pain, all i can manage to do is plead and beg with him. He had always been more stronger than I.

  My eyes begin to blur with the pain, as i watch Steven come at me with a broken bottle. For the first time since the fight started, there is no noise. No nothing. Just me and Steven, and the bottle.

  His muscled frame heaves with each breath, like he is in pain. His blonde hair is tousled and his teeth are bared, like some wild animal.

  Bright blue eccentric eyes stare at me, with a mixture of fear and anger.

"You will give me what I want."

Everything goes black.
 

                              -----------------------------------------------------

  My eyes open slowly as the smell of disinfectant, and the noise of murmuring voices lift me gently out of my slumber.

  The sun is setting. Soon he will find me.

  "Feeling better, are we Wayne?"

  "Not particulary, doctor" I hear myself murmur. My voice sounds sluggish.

  "Quite an ordeal you've put yourself through here, lad. Quite lucky to be alive. Although there will be some scarring..." the doctor mumbles, flipping through his chart.

  Only one question is running through my mind.

"Can you make him go away?"

  The swish of a doctor's jacket and the click of a closing door tells me my question had been left unanswered.

The sun sets, and I am left alone with the darkness.

A familiar, yet unwelcome, voice calls to me.

"This place is full of sweet drugs," voices Steven happily.

A single tear rolls down my cheek.  the full moon casts a light over my face and I am faced with my reflection.

Blonde tousled hair and eccentric blue eyes that reflect both fear and anger, both sanity and insanity, both Steven and Wayne, meet my gaze. A snarl is placed over my lips as Steven takes control.

" You found me," I whisper.

" I found you," he echoes.

© Copyright 2009 onechance (onechance at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1525061-The-Unfriendly-Darkness