*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1526140-Opportunities
Rated: E · Other · Writing · #1526140
Self Explanatory
Opportunities in the life come and go. What do you do when the opportunity to complete a task will gauruntee financial relief, but you are unsure if that is what you want to do. When you want to be independent of the need to rely on someone else. Self sufficiency is a wonderful thing, but when you can't support yourself it turns into a dream deferred. Relief that money will not be an issue does not take away the need to follow your dreams. Bills collecting, notices arriving push into the direction of working for some one else, but wanting to do you is still a stong feeling in your heart and mind. Never look a gift horse in the mouth, and never deny your blessings because they may not come again. I thank good for the opportunity and am grateful things will be looking up, but a small part of me wants to try to stand on my own. I am fully capable to perform any task thrown my way, but the bottom line is I really wonder if fear of failure keeps me in check and makes me submit to earn the money needed to survive. It is almost a back handed compliment to have someone want me to do what I do and pay what they pay, but I don't know if I want to dot it for them but more for myself. Of course nothing is forever and it will end, but will I wait again for others to secure a position for me when I would rather do it for myself?


I want to find a corner and run to it. I want to turn all the lights off and sit in the dark until my plan of takeover has been carefully conceived. I told myself when I got out of the military that I would be my own boss and do my own things, and that was four years ago. I am still reporting to others and helping somebody else make money and profits off of me. What do you do? I guess what neds to be done is for me to stop crying about it and do something. I've learned that I can do many things for me, and have done things for others which have helped them with their personal gain.



I will do what I need to do for me to succeed on my own! Starting today.

"Wordsmith"

TweetDammit!
© Copyright 2009 Painful Love (rnicole at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1526140-Opportunities