*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1526877-Bills-Prayers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by wb
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1526877
I hope these prayers speak to someones heart as they came from mine. Bill
How many people are sitting alone at home right now wishing that they had someone to share the evening with? Someone that you can sit quietly with and just enjoy the moment. Someone to cook dinner with, someone to go out and shop with, someone to enjoy a movie with or go work out, or someone to care for us when we don’t feel good, or some to care for when they don’t feel their best. Someone to talk about our day with, good or bad. Someone to share the care of our children, whether they are ours or whether they were someone’s children when we met them.
Where are the hundreds of thousands of people right now that I see on the internet looking for someone to love and share their life with?
Why is it so hard to find somebody to love these days when there are so many looking?
Have we lost the ability to accept people as they are with all their faults?
Are we so selfish that we won’t accept anyone in our lives except the one who fits our long list of attributes?
Why is it so hard? What must we do to find the love again that makes our heart sing?
Do we not try? Are we too busy? Are we too scared? Are we scared of getting hurt so badly again that we aren’t willing to try?  Scared that we will have to go through the same thing again that devastated us before?
There are so many hurting people out there that all want the same thing. We all just want to love and be loved. It’s saddens me to look on the internet at all of the dating sites that are filled with people that are missing one of the most important gifts that God gives us, and that is the ability to give of ourselves and accept the gift of love from others.
I wonder how God feels? If we have this much love to give and it is not accepted, and it hurts us so bad, how much more hurt must God feel when we don’t or won’t accept his love for us. For me, when I consider how much love I have in my heart to give and how much I want to share my life with someone, I can’t even fathom how much God must love us and how it must hurt him to see his children hurt so bad and feel so empty inside. My prayer today is to ask of the Lord to forgive us for our selfishness that doesn’t allow us to open our hearts to each other and to open our hearts to him and his love for us.
For us who have children and have seen their hurts and cries, or have lost their children to deaths grip and considering how much we wanted to fix everything in their lives, to give them the life we would want for them because we love them so much, how much more must God love us that he would watch his only son go through the pain and humiliation of rejection of his children whom he loved and loved them so much to endure a painful and lonely death being nailed to a cross.
We should be ashamed of ourselves for not being willing to open our hearts to others and take that chance on love and be more accepting of others, warts and all and thinking less about ourselves. Give and it shall be given to you. Knock and the door will be opened. Lord please forgive me for my selfishness and allow me to take that chance again. Let me learn from the past but not dwell there that I may be able to not only share my love but also share your love with someone, together, one heart, one mind, one soul, one direction, all leading to you. I put myself and my future in your hands and ask that put someone in my life who I can love with all my heart and accept them for who they are and they accept me for who I am, warts and all. This I pray in the name of Jesus.
                                                                                                Amen

Proverbs 3: 5 & 6 Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and not lean to your own understanding. Acknowledge him with all of your heart and he will direct your steps.

© Copyright 2009 wb (gamtneer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1526877-Bills-Prayers