*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1526988-Elsewhere
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1526988
Meloncholic musings about escape...
Oh, how I wish…

I could just break free and with a blink, in an instant, bridge expansive distances over land and sea, time and space to suddenly be…Elsewhere.

Overlooking an ocean blue but fierce, surrounded by swaying trees, sitting on fine, warm sand, worries are as the distant horizon.  Only memories few and pleasant remain; scattered and pristine as clouds floating carelessly in azure skies.

Brisk breezes conduct a symphony that whistles through waves of hair, then rushes quickly beyond, raising a chatter; shaking leaves and fronds on its way over the verdant, craggy mountains. The undulating, low roar of the sea awakens yet calms a beleaguered mind.

Fears fall away as the sand does, sifted through open fingers, on hands raised by outstretched arms rising up towards the sky.  Brushed away without effort they are as if no longer significant, no longer powerful.  Insecurities and doubts that so hampered the spirit are left there, haphazardly strewn on the sand, alongside discarded inhibitions, above too numerous fallen tears, where they belong.

The surging blue ocean beckons with a most divine seduction:

“Dive headlong into these crashing waves! Swim through the crystal currents until burning within the chest makes rising to the surface irresistible.  Break through that shimmering ceiling, draw in the air deep, gasping at breath like one reborn!” To comply is effortless.

The cold water sends chills over sun-warmed skin as turbulent water washes away that which tarnishes a sensitive soul.  The salty, stinging tonic bathes angry, festering wounds and pours into the deep chasm of a broken heart -soothing, cleaning, filling, healing.

In the wakes beyond the breakers, ebbing tide rises and falls, up and down.  The incessant heartbeat of the ocean lullabyes ever so sweetly, the lapping waves caress and stoke. Adrift, in this haven, it is a refuge with no hurt, and nothing to cause it. The sun blankets with a warmth that dissipates what remains of the bitter darkness making one tense and forlorn, held captive in world of secret misery.

Float, life’s weary traveler, and rest.” It moans…

Yet, the ability to forget escapes me.  I wish I could relieve the dull ache infrequently lodged in my chest with just a thought, clear these disquieting inner voices with the wave of a hand, dismiss the conflicts within a head held down and erase the painted smile hiding the inner frown.

To escape upon a zephyr dream to Elsewhere.  Oh…how I wish.
© Copyright 2009 Angelwrath (angelwrath at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1526988-Elsewhere