*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1527868-Chapter-Two---Bran
by Snow
Rated: E · Chapter · Animal · #1527868
second chapter of my werewolf novel following Bran. the city pack's Alpha werewolf
Chapter Two

Bran



“Bran...?” Danni mumbled sleepily to the dark room, she started to sit up pulling the blankets around her as she did so, the more awake she become the more accustomed her eyes became to the dark.  She could tell that there was no longer a bran shape next to her in the bed, and the room was deathly quiet, it was obvious she was alone.  She sighed.

Then she heard the noise again, the one that awoke her. It wasn’t coming from somewhere inside her apartment she reached out her arm and grabbed her nightgown off the back of the chair next to her bed. Throwing it around her shoulders she got up out of bed and tightly closed the nightgown about her slender form.  She walked softly to the bedroom door, her small feet not making a sound. Grabbing hold of the door handle she started to pull it open peering through the small crack making it larger and larger as she opened the door and stepped out into the hall way. There was a light coming from down the hall someone was in the kitchen.

Danni smiled, Bran must have got hungry. No longer worried she confidently walked along the hall passing the front door and the sitting room and pushed the kitchen door open. The guy sitting in her kitchen eating her food was not Bran.

“David? What are you doing in my apartment?”  She glared at the dark haired guy sitting at her breakfast bar eating what seemed to be a club sandwich.

“Boss said I should wait here with u, apparently there’s a serial killer on the loose and he reckons you need protecting.” 

Danni’s face reddened she could feel the heat rising and the anger stirring in her stomach like a lion about to be released on an unsuspecting gladiator.  She clenched her fists into tight little balls, digging her finger nails into her skin.

“I need protecting?!” she growled through tightly clenched teeth David looked at her and placed the sandwich onto the plate in front of him. He stood up from the stool and strolled over to her, smiling and reaching his hand up as he moved. He touched Danni’s shoulder and gave it a pat, still smiling like a guy who has just won the lottery.  He was about to say something completely stupid that would have made Danni want to rip his head off when Bran walked through the front door.

Bran let the door close slowly behind him as he walked towards Danni, his lips curved up into a sensual smile that nearly made Danni lose her nerve, her reached her as the door thudded shut his smile growing as he analysed her emotions.

“So my little Lauma is all upset” he said to her watching as she desperately tried to control her anger her eyes where the first to change flashing from a dark brown to bright yellow.

“Lauma? Is that all I am a Lauma” she snapped at him, his blue eyes sparkled you could clearly see each little prick of light dancing around with joy as he watched her lose control. 

“Of course, what else could you be? He leaned forward his nose was barely touching hers his eyes was roaming over her face watching every little tick as he breathed out the last words “You’re not strong enough to be anything else, but I do need something to keep me occupied ”

Her eyes widened and she lost all control, her body convulsed and she doubled over clutching at her stomach. Bran looked down at her his smile still playing on his lips and the light still dancing around his eyes. Watching as her body slowly and painfully ripped itself apart, and knotted itself back together in the form of a larger than normal forest brown wolf which lay on the kitchen floor surround in the bits and pieces of a white nightgown her chest was rising and falling quickly as the she-wolf panted for air. She lifted her head up and stared at Bran. He could see the hate dart around her yellow eyes.

“And you honestly thought you could be an Alpha female. You can’t even control your changes”

Danni growled her front lips rising and showing her sharp teeth she pulled herself up and stood staring at Bran.

“Why don’t you take her for a walk David she looks like she needs the exercise?”

Danni scoffed, and padded past Bran heading for her room. “She’ll be like that for a couple of hours yet.” David said to Bran. “What are we going to do?”

Bran looked at his second in command and smiled. Though it wasn’t a friendly smile, it was almost sickly, like he was thinking of something that made him ill.

“What do you know about the Safehaven pack?” he asked David

“Uhh... not much boss, it’s small out in the middle of nowhere. One of their beta’s visits from time to time. To share information on rouges and human’s who may know about us.” David cleared his throat and looked down at his feet; there was visible sweet playing along his brow.

“What else is there David? There’s something that you’re not telling me something that you know as my Beta that you should have told me” Bran moved closer to David tilting his head so he could try to look David in the eye, his fists where at his side constantly clenching and unclenching. “Come on David what is it....umm?”

“They have an unmated female; apparently she could have Alpha potential.” Bran’s fist moved so fast David didn’t even see it coming towards him as it smashed into his face. David reeled backwards hands coming up to clutch at his nose which was slowly starting to drip blood. Bran was visibly shaking with rage; his hands both tightly clenched at his side looked ready to strike at any time. He was starting to turn red, he looked so angry that he almost matched the red shirt that he was wearing.

“Why was I not informed of this sooner!” he managed to say though gritted teeth it came out as a half growl half shout

“Well it’s not procedure boss.” David said spluttering blood on to the floor. He had backed further away nearly hitting the kitchen wall. Wiping the blood away and smearing his hands on his black jeans. “She’s not in our pack”

“Well that’s a small detail that can be taken care of. You are going to go down to this Safehaven and bring her back for me.”

“Boss, you would be declaring war on their pack. We can’t just walk in there and take this girl.”

“She’s mine!” Bran shouted spraying spittle across the kitchen. His face was completely red at this point, and the veins in his neck where throbbing like ......

“You will go down there and find some way of bringing her back here to me!” he spun on his heal and walked to the front door, he paused as he pulled the door open.

“And David, don’t fail me.” He walked out of the door and slammed it shut behind him. Danni padded back out of her room, her eyes glowing in the dark she looked towards David. She could smell his fear. He looked back at her and smiled weakly.





*NOTE*

this chapter is still unfinished but any comments would begreatly appreciated.
© Copyright 2009 Snow (narrissa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1527868-Chapter-Two---Bran