*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1527874-Moment-of-Peace
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #1527874
Nature has a calming effect that gives peace to whomever contemplates on its beauty.
She watched the lake in front of her as the sky began to darken and light rain fell silently on its surface. Almost as if each raindrop was timed with its kin, they created everlasting ripples that spread across the water.

The trees shadowing the lake moved from side to side, a slow and serene motion. It wasn’t like the violent rocking when thunderstorms roved by or the unnoticed quiver of branches from a spring breeze, but a rather evident sway.

She raised her eyes to the grayish clouds that fabricated the background, where streaks of sunlight stretched through the sky, perfect heavenly light descending from above.

Marveling at God’s creational power, she felt everything was in unison. As if nature was dancing gracefully to a symphony.

And in that particular moment she resented all unwelcomed noise in her life and hushed it down to nil. She sensed her soul surrender to the surrounding beauty and her mind contemplate on everything around her. It made her calm, it made her believe everything in the world is right, everything in the world is perfect.

She wanted to make this moment last forever, but as quickly as it began, it started to fade away. And when the music ceased to play and it all ended she had a soft smile on her face, content to have felt her moment of peace.



© Copyright 2009 NermeenAbdelMegeed (nermeenamegeed at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1527874-Moment-of-Peace