*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528178-Is-Prayer-Really-All-That-Important
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1528178
Do we really need to pray?
If God already knows what we need before we pray, then why do it? We have an all-knowing God who is right on top of everything that happens. He has the ability to fix whatever needs fixing. We have a God who is in control and can make things go His way. So why would it be necessary to pray to Him?

God doesn't need the prayer, we do. In Luke 5:16 (NIV) it says But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. If Jesus, part of the Triune Godhead, needed to pray, how much more do we need to communicate with our Creator and Lover of our soul?

Praying is not just asking for 'stuff': healing, supplying our needs, changing a situation and so forth. Praying is communication. When was the last time you told God you loved Him? Not just as a preface to asking for something, but as the only reason you were talking with Him? When we tell those around us we love them we are more open to what they have to say. We need to open ourselves to what God has to say as well.

So, prayer opens our heart and mind to what God has for us, whether it be for something we need or just spilling out some of His boundless love.

© Copyright 2009 Daizy May (daizy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528178-Is-Prayer-Really-All-That-Important