*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528512-A-Home-At-Last-chapter-8
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1528512
Abby is making Travis's home more appealing. She hopes that he will like it.
A Home At Last chapter 8



As Abby was driving the jeep to town she was planning what she would do to make the cabin more comfortable. She drove to the General store and parked the jeep. When she entered the store Nancy greeted her. "Hello Mrs Wills, How are you today?"

"Very well thank you"

I am looking for some paint and paint supplies. Do you have it here?"

"Yes we do, just follow me and I will show you what we have."

Abby saw that there was a good supply of paint. "Just give me a moment to see what colors you have."

"Thats fine, go ahead and look and call me when you have selected some and I will mix it up for you."

"That will be great." Abby found a pretty light gold paint for the kitchen-living room. It would enhance the furniture that she was planning to recover and paint. For the kitchen cabinet she selected a chocolate paint. She would also see if she could find some used end tables.For the back wall of the kitchen part she wanted to find some full length cabinets to store items in. There was so much that she wanted to do to that cabin to make it very homey. She found the chocolate brown that she liked. Now for the bathroom. A pretty light olive green for the walls and pure white for the bathroom cabinet. For the bedroom with the double bed she selected a blue grey paint. She thought that it would be masculine for a man. She didn't know any thing about Travis except that some of his clothes were blue. She hoped that he would like it. For the room that she was using she found a lt tan. While Nancy was mixing up the paints Abby looked around to find things that would go with each room. There was some shower curtain liners that looked like silk and they were cheap. She bougt two for each window.they would help keep the heat in and the sun out in the summer. She also found some curtain rods and some shower hooks. Next she looked at the fabric. She found a light tan to cover the sofa and she hoped that she could find a good used arm chair. She found the rest of the supplies she needed and was headed toward the counter. Nancy had just finished mixing up the paint and had it on the counter. "My you have a lot of work cut out for you" she laughed.

"Yes but I am excited about it." She paid for the items and Nancy helped her put them in the jeep.

"Thank you very much by the way do you know if there is a used furniture store around here?"

"Yes, Mr Hubbard has a used furniture store. It is about three blocks down and one block to the left."

"Thanks, I'll see you soon. Abby backed the jeep out and drove the three blocks down and turned to the left. The furniture store was there on the right.

In the store Abby saw some full length cabinets and a arm chair that was very reasonably prices. She wondered how she would get them in the jeep though. Mr Hubbard came out from the back of the store.

"May I help you Ma'am."

"Yes, I was just looking at those full length cabinets and that arm chair. Is there any way I could get them loaded in my jeep?

"Well they are pretty big for that jeep but I do have a truck. I could get my hired man to deliver them for you."

"That would be wonderful." Abby exclaimed. " I will take them."

"Just tell me where to deliver them and he'll have them there this afternoon.

"Abby gave him the address." Mr Hubbard looked at her funny.

"Why that's Seargeant Wills place." he said.

"Yes, he is my husband now." Abby said.

"Well the sly old boy. I didn't know that he was getting married. " Congratulations on your marriage. Where is he by the way?"

"He is on assignment. I must go now." She paid for the cabinets and the arm chair and drove back to the cabin. She hoped that she hadn't said too much. She carried all of the supplies into the cabin. She decided to eat a bite and then get started painting.

It was fun seeing the place begin to look more like home. The gold walls made the kitchen-living room look very inviting. The truck arrived and Mr Hubbard and another man carried the cabinets and the chair. Abby had them place the cabinets on the back wall of the kitchen part. She had moved the table to the other wall by the window. The view from the window was pretty and it helped balance the room. She thanked the men for bringing the furniture and they left. The cabinets did need some fixing up. The chocolate paint would make them look like new.



To be continued.









© Copyright 2009 peggysue (missdinah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528512-A-Home-At-Last-chapter-8