*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528691-No-One
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1528691
Harry and Ginny get back together. This story follows the song "No One" by Alicia Keys
*note: lyrics from songs are separated from the story with lines and are in quotes



"oh... oh oh oh oh oh

oh oh oh oh oh...

oh oh oh oh

oh oh oh oh oh...."



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny ruefully threw open the doors to the entrance hall.  Though it was late, no one bothered to lock them. There was no danger because Harry had defeated Voldemort two months ago and the new term hadn't even begun.  Yet, Ginny still remained at Hogwarts to help with the cleanup and repairs.  Many other people had volunteered to help.  Of the many people, most of Ginny's family was there, along with Hermione, Luna, Neville, and Harry.  The castle was almost at its original state and at last, Ginny soon would be going back to the burrow for the rest of break.

         Upon reaching the grounds, Ginny took a deep breath of the late, fresh summer air.  She looked about the moonlit grounds and started a stroll around the lake.  As she started walking, hot tears suddenly welled up in her eyes and poured down her face.    Why was she crying?   

Then she remembered.  Harry.  He was never there to support her after the war.  After Fred died.  In her moment of need.  At the time, she just pushed away the fact thinking he’d come back to her soon and he hadn't yet because he was busy.  It was probably true that he was busy.  Yet, he never came back or even said a word to her.  Ginny was angry at him.  Why, why, why had Harry been acting so strangely?  The Harry she remembered would not have acted like this.

Ginny knew Harry never promised her that he would be come back to her.  But she had cared for him for much of her life, and thought he felt the same about her.  She used to think that he was the one for her but since Harry left the day of Bill and Fleur's wedding she wasn't so sure anymore.  By the time she reached the lake her feelings were mixed with anger, loneliness, and love.  Ginny had come closer to the edge of the sparkling lake near the Forbidden Forest.  Taking a deep breath, she looked across the lake to the flickering lights of the Hogwarts castle.  Each window was sparkling into the water's reflection.  Looking towards the shores, there were still some flowers blooming hither and dither.  Yet, in the midst of the peaceful grounds, Ginny felt lonely.    Now that Harry had surely forgotten her and didn't want her, there was no one there for her now.  Ron had Hermione, Luna had Dean.  Even Percy had Penelope.  Just she, Ginerva Weasley, had no one.

A sudden movement on the other shore of the lake caught her eye.  It was a figure of a person.  A man by the looks of his silhouette.  Her tears had stopped when she saw him.  The man was strolling along the banks of the lake towards her. When the figure had approached her she realized it was Harry.  And by the time she realized this it was too late to run away.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"I just want you close

Where you can stay forever

You can be sure

That it will only get better"



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



He came striding towards her but as he neared, he slowed down a bit but not slow enough to give time for Ginny to get away.  She knew he was too fast and that she couldn't get away so instead of running she turned away as he neared her.  After a seconds hesitation, he but a gentle hand on her shoulder.  At his touch, butterflies erupted in her stomach.  An electrifying chill went up her back and she couldn't move for half or maybe a few second beat.

"Ginny,” Harry started quietly, "what's the matter?"

Relieving herself from his contact she did not respond at first.  Once a again Harry said a little louder

"What's the matter?"

Shaking her head, she started crying again.  Harry seeing Ginny in her disposition pulled her into him and hugged her.  She struggled at first but after awhile, Ginny stopped trying to strangle him and replied slowly but quietly,

"I'm ok.  There's nothing wrong with me."

"Really.  If there was nothing wrong with you, you wouldn't be crying and you don't normally cry so obviously there's something wrong."

"Even if there's something wrong, its none of your business to know," she shot at him coolly.

"What is up with you?  What has gotten into you?"

Ginny flushed as Harry returned her coolness.  Not being able to stand it any longer, Ginny could do nothing but confess to him her feelings. 

"Fine, I'll tell you," she started angrily, "Uh…?  Let's see," she began sarcastically through her tears, "for one, you were never there for me after the war.  When Fred died.  You haven't even been talking to me.  I feel so lonely around here now.  I thought you'd come back to me when you came back but you didn't.  I never thought it would end like this."  She paused for a while seeing if Harry would answer.  "You never really saw that I was sure we would make up.  Did you not?  I though you loved me as much as I love you."  After that, Ginny said no more.  They stood there together in a moment of silence and their embrace now was so many moments ago that they pretty much forgot about it by now. 

Slowly, Harry began uneasily,

"Look Ginny, I'm really sorry.  I didn't mean for it to end up like this, but I made a promise to Ron that I wouldn't be more than friends with you." 

"You didn't even act like a friend or attempt to act like one," scoffed Ginny.  By now, she had stopped crying because she had run out of salt and tears.

         "Well, I tried but whenever I was near you, Ron was there.  He'd always keep an eagle eye on me.  Even when he was snogging Hermione," pausing a little he then continued on, "Ginny, I really want to be more than friends."  Once he finished, he sighed.    They stood there once again in silence.  Tiny drops of rain started falling. 

Taking the opportunity of silence, Ginny observed Harry with curiosity even though she was still mad at him and Ron.  He was no longer a boy but a man.  For one, he had grown some more over the past year.  His arms, once skinny, now were muscular.  He had probably gotten it from his journey in defeating Voldemort.  And his face.  It was not as troubled looking as it had been some time ago.  Now, it was confident.  Besides all the changes, Harry still had the familiar green eyes and messy jet black hair.  Ginny, though she was angry at him, was glad to be near him once again.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"You and me together

Through the days and nights

I don't worry 'cause

Everything's going to be alright

People keep talking they can say what they like

But all i know is everything's going to be alright"



"No one, no one, no one

Can get in the way of what I'm feeling

No one, no one, no one

Can get in the way of what I feel for you, you, you

Can get in the way of what I feel for you"



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Harry was the first to speak this time and started, "Ginny, I'm really sorry.  Will you please forgive me?"  Surprised at his quick apology Ginny didn’t know how she should reply.  She looked into Harry's eyes still thinking of what to say. 

Seeing her troubled look, Harry leaned into her, tilting his head towards the right.  As he got closer Ginny too leaned into him tilting her head to the right as well and closed her eyes.  Even though she wasn't sure if she was still mad at him or whatever, it was like there was a magnetic force drawing them together. Their lips met gently.  At first it was only a light kiss but as Ginny slowly wrapped her arms around Harry, it signaled for Harry to deepen it.  When Ginny opened her mouth Harry took the chance and slowly led his tongue into her mouth.  When he did this, the things Ginny could think of was that he tasted good and that she remembered how long she longed for this kiss in months.  As they stood there kissing each other passionately, the rain beat down harder on their heads but the couple didn't mind it. 

When Ginny thought her face could turn no redder from lack of oxygen, Harry pulled apart from her.  They held each other’s hands and said nothing at first but just looked into each other’s eyes.  As she looked deeply into Harry's eyes, she could tell they were begging for her forgiveness.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"none of them can love me

like you do

your feelings for me

is not you

better love me"



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"Gin, please forgive me," he begged.  "I love you so much it hurt to not be with you when I was away.  Every night I would look for you on my Marauders map just so I could see you.  I sometimes even thought by doing that I would then be with you.  Please Ginny," he pleaded, “You could even ask Hermione.  She saw.  I bet even Ron saw sometimes.  I really do love you.  You're the only one for me."

Cautiously, Ginny began

"Harry I…I…I... really don't know whether I should believe you or not.  I don't want you to make me feel like a prat. 

"Ginny, look, I'm not trying to lie to you.  I love you so much and I promise I'll always be there for you." 

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"What about Ron's promise?"

                 "What about it.  I'd rather be with you than keep his promise now that I thought about it.  Besides you know him.  After awhile he'll get used to it."

                 A little dazed from what Harry said Ginny now believed him.  She believed him with all her heart.  Little by little, the big burden that had been put onto her by her own brother was now lifted off her chest.  She didn't feel so weighed down anymore, instead, she felt like a bird that was able to mind its own business and feel free to do as it pleases. 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"they cant come

between me and you

yes you always around

you're the one

to wear my crown

I know you love me

I know you'll never let me down

woman you are so blessed

you never worry or stress



you're my empress

me and you together"



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



                 The thunderstorm had now reached its peak and thunder could be heard grumbling every once in a while through the clouds.  The rain was pouring down harder.  Though the couple were soaking wet, yet didn't bother about the rain or go inside.  They were happy to be with each other at last.  Once more, they kissed.  It was probably the most blissful and sweetest kiss they ever had.  She in his arms and him in her arms.  They could never be more content than that minute of their lives.  For awhile they stood there kissing each other delightfully.  There was nothing better for either of them than to be loved by each other.  After a moment or two they pulled a part. Kissing Ginny's soft, scarlet lips once more, Harry then whispered tenderly into her ear...



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"When the rain is pouring down

And my heart is hurting

You will always be around

This I know for certain"



"You and me together

Through the days and nights

I don't worry 'cause

Everything's going to be alright

People keep talking they can say what they like

But all i know is everything's going to be alright"



"No one, no one, no one

Can get in the way of what I'm feeling

No one, no one, no one

Can get in the way of what I feel for you, you, you

Can get in the way of what I feel"



"I know some people search the world

To find something like what we have

I know people will try try to divide something so real

So till the end of time I'm telling you there is no one"



"No one, no one, no one

Can get in the way of what I'm feeling

No one, no one, no one

Can get in the way of what I feel for you"



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"I love you."

               "I love you too."     

                 And when she said that she meant it.  She loved him with all her heart, and nobody could break there bond. 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



"none of them na love

them na love me like you"

© Copyright 2009 luvbug51829 (luvbug51829 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528691-No-One