*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528830-Untitled
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ares
Rated: E · Novel · Other · #1528830
A story idea in development.
Running: That’s all William could do. He was in danger; knew it will every particle of his body. This isn’t possible! William thought when he saw his pursuers waiting around the corner for him. These guys aren’t human.

“No, We’re not Mr. Rhyne,” the closest one stated, as if reading his mind. The stranger was fairly tall, standing at five-eleven. His brown hair, which shone in the light of the street lamp, gave him an extra three inches. “ We’re far beyond humans. But we mustn’t talk about that now. Janine, give him our card, please,” he said turning to his partner.

“Call us at exactly eleven O’clock p.m.,” Janine said in a playful, yet business-like manner of a voice. She was of average height at five feet, four inches. Her auburn hair was just shoulder height. She turned to her partner, saying, “I think we should leave now, Howard.”

“Yes, we should make our leave.” Tuning to William, he yelled with a sharp “Look out!” Sensing the fear in Howard’s voice, William went to his favorite defensive stance using the “duck and turn” technique his gym teacher taught him. When William turned, however, he saw nothing; a simple distraction to get William to look away as they departed. A secretive couple, he thought when he realized this.

“Will?” came a voice from behind him. “Will, is that you? The voice repeated.

“Yes, Sam, its me.” William replied turning to face his ex-girlfriend.

“I thought you said you wouldn’t show your face around here. Or was that just a lie?” she asked with a sly smirk.

“I got chased out here. Well, more like I got herded this way.” He replied, looking deep into her jade eyes.

“Aw, did poor William get out-smarted in his own territory?” Samantha asked in a playful tone.

“Like the Union at Chancellorsville,” he admitted.

“Wow, you just didn’t get out-smarted, you got creamed. Wish I was there to watch.”

“You wouldn’t have lasted half way, Samantha.”

“You mean you got out ran?” Samantha asked, shocked. “This is getting better and better!”

“These guys aren’t in school, Sam,” William replied. “ They aren’t even human.

“What are you getting at?”

“I mean, one second I’m looking behind me and they’re about twenty feet behind me; I look around, they are waiting for me on the other side of the corner!”

“This was an excuse to come see me, isn’t it? Aw, you miss me! That’s sweet.”

“You’re half right Samantha. I do miss you, but this wasn’t an excuse to see you though.”

“Well, if you want, I’m still single. All you gotta do is ask.”

“Not gonna happen, Sam.” William replied.

“Aw, but why?” Samantha asked, approaching him slowly, determined. “We had so much fun.” She said when she reached him. She put her arms around his neck, drew her head back, and flung her waist-length, jet-black hair over both their heads. “You remember, don’t you?” She asked with a frown.

“ I remember. But I already told you, No.” William said as he turned to walk away.

“ Samantha got serious. “ I love you Will. I always have loved you. I just…”

“Just what?” William asked as he wheeled around to face her. “You just thought you could tell me that you love me and I’d take you back with open arms?”

“No, I never thought that. I knew it wouldn’t happen like that.”

“Well, then, what is it Samantha?”

“I just realized that I loved you, Will. I realized it a week after you left.”

“Can’t help you there, Sam.” William said, in a soft, upset voice. “Its too late now. You’ve had your chance.”

“ I know, I’m asking for another one. You won’t regret it this time.”

“Regret what,” William scoffed. “What do I have to regret?”

“Letting go of me,” Samantha replied. “You won’t have to if you give me a second chance. Please, at least think about it. Will you?”

“Even though it probably won’t change anything, I’ll think on it for a week. Same amount of time it took you to realized you love me. Sound fair enough?”

“Yes, its fair,” Samantha replied.

“And you won’t be upset if nothing changes, will you?”

“No, I’ll accept it.”

“Good. Well, goodnight Samantha.” William turned to walk away.

“Will, wait!” Samantha called, running, when William got half way down the street. William turned, and as he did, Samantha crashed into him giving him a bone-crushing hug. “Thank you, Will. Thank you.” She said crying.

“You’re welcome, Sam. Can you get off, now? I need to get home before its too late.”

“Oh, right. Sorry. Goodnight Will.”

“Goodnight, Sam.”
© Copyright 2009 Ares (ares1989 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528830-Untitled