*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528924-Angels-Fall-First-Chapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #1528924
The fight for Jupiter begins
CHAPTER TWO - ANGELS - 0800 HOURS: JUPITER DEFENCE PLATFORM

The hanger bay doors opened slowly as the pilots rushed to their mobile assualt unit's. The MAU's stood over 4 metres high and 2 metres wide. The cockpit on the front was made to the shape of its pilot. The ANG-0's had breached Jupiters defences and was heading towards APR-6. "MAU's cleared for launch....wait where's Major Holley?" the announcer sounded over the base intercom. In the station's crew quarters, a tall, well-built man lay on his bed, asleep, without a care in the universe. His little nap was suddenly interupted by a shockwave that hit the stations port side. He stumbled to his feet and reached the doorway "Time to go already?, that stupid alarm never works" he cursed as he left the room.
Finally reaching the hangar bay, Jack stumbled into his MAU. "Finaly deicided to join us Jack" said the announcer. "Would dream of missing the fun, sir" Jack replied lazily. The voice over the speakers he recognised to be General Stevenson, the man who train everyone in his unit. "Alright, move out men" ordered the general. The clamps on the hanger disengaged and the MAU's dropped out into the vaccum of space. After regaining his senses from the drop, Jack rushed forward. "Come on, lets get 'em already" and he piloted himself towards the enemy fleet. "Let's do this, Lyguar" he silently said to his MAU.
In Jupiter Defences control room, the General watched as the fleet closed in on the station. General Stevenson was a tall, well built man with short black hair wearing his space academy suit with all of his medals for outstanding service. An operator from the bridge had just informed him of the ANG-0's target. "But why would they be after the pieces of the battleship we disabled" asked the General while trying to command his troops. "We're not sure sir, but it's definently their target" Alright, Stevenson out". He moved over to the view port and watched as the large fleet slowly closed in on them.
Jack and his team made good time in getting to the enemy fleet, which he was proud of. "Alright guys, flank left, right and center and go for that mothership" Jack ordered and his team soon obeyed. The mothership was easily the size of the defence station, if not bigger. One of the fighter bays on the ships starboard side released 4 waves of small fighters. The Lyguar raised its right arm and let 3 missles out at the first wave. "I have visual contact on the enemy fighters sir" he told Stevenson over the comlink. "Alright Major" he turned to the control room operator "Bring it up on screen". The centre of the control room lit up as a three dimensional image of what Jack just say came up. The fighter was about 3 metres long with two long points at the front. "Looks kind of like....an angel?" Stevenson said, puzzled. "Sir, I'm detecting plasma radition from the points at the bow of the fighters" the operator pointed out. The general quickly got back on the radio "Major, I believe that the fighters are suicidal, watch your backs" but the his warning was too late. From out the viewport, all they could see was a large field of MAU debris and the angels fleet closing in. The radio started to pick up static and then a voice came through.
"Sir.....everyones....dead...can't..go....on" Jack's Lyguar drifted slowly towards APR-6's moon, his unit gone...
© Copyright 2009 MugenMonster (mugenmonster at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528924-Angels-Fall-First-Chapter-2