*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1529257-Evolutionary-Tales-of-the-Human-Race
Rated: · Fiction · Other · #1529257
The end of the human race has come, but will we be forgotton in history?(Chapter Summary)
“Ours is not a perfect world, and therefore the old must die in order that the young, that which is more perfect or at any rate capable of greater perfection, may live. Thus death becomes a thing necessary and useful in the evolution of the whole; the destruction of one celestial body contributes to the progress of the rest of the universe.”

-MAX WILHELM MEYER





“Wild, dark times are rumbling toward us, and the prophet who wishes to write a new apocalypse will have to invent entirely new beasts, and beasts so terrible that the ancient animal symbols of St. John will seem like cooing doves and cupids in comparison.”

-HEINRICH HEINE



Part 1:

A History Lesson (Warning)





1. Disease





The date was January 16, 2063 AD. Oil wars were plaguing Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. All aid had left Africa and disease spread across the continent though it housed the only safe haven on the planet in it's southern landscape.  America was at one point the most powerful nation on Earth. But after the second civil war it was left all but disbanded. Many states had formed their own government. Their own nations. The most powerful of these was called The United Province. Made up of what were once Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. The first and only leader of this province was Brian Leroy Wilson Jr. He became leader of the nation by seizing control of the army and dominating every opposition in the area. It soon became an empire, spanning from the coast all the way to Ohio, from Virginia to southern Ontario and Quebec.

The Cancer had arrived without warning. The humans thought that it was just that, a cancer, a disease. Millions of people had turned blue and dropped dead without warning in the first week. When they were autopsied the humans could find no damage. Their technologies were far too primitive and the technologies that might be of use were used in wars.

They had come in the dead of night. Opening the sky and dumping their plague across the lands. The microscopic robots rode the wind until they could find a victim. They invaded the respiratory and cardiovascular systems. They hibernated until their host came into contact with a fresh human. When they did they constricted the airways and veins before jumping across to the new victim. And the process restarted. The victims were eventually called “Blue Ones.”

It took only three months to kill almost six and a half billion humans. Even southern Africa was hit. The Earth had turned to panic and paranoia for survival. Police forces had disbanded. Crime overran every last city and town. What was left of the military had turned into small factions of mercenaries. People had turned away from their families, their best friends. Refused them any contact in fear of "infection." They let their children starve rather than going out into the world and looking for food. The human race was afraid.





2. Utopia





Brian Wilson was one of the estimated five million left in the world when the death had stopped. After two weeks without a reported "Blue One" the world was in utter nirvana. It seemed to usher in a new state of brotherhood among the humans. People reveled in their neighbors. They immediately began working to restoring their cities. If not to their former glory then to at least comfortable living environments. Brian got married and had a child. He had named his son Anton.

The ambition of his father had been passed down. Anton had grown into a great man. In only 26 years he had managed to unite the entire western hemisphere under a single government called The Free People of Earth. Before dying. But not before bearing his own son.  People were happy. War was all but forgotten. After the panic most medical knowledge had been lost and those who remembered were dying of old age. The world was becoming a utopia.











3. Greed





Two centuries had passed since the last "Blue One”. The Free People of Earth had expanded to the eastern hemisphere and Spanish had become the universal language. The Wilson name was passed down again six times. Each son had done great things; Inventors, political leaders, philosophers etc. The family had a legacy behind it. For seven generations each first son gave birth to a great first son. In this era Roberto Wilson bore the legacy.

The world had been restored. The human race was climbing once again in numbers, after 200 years their numbers once again reached one billion. But good things last only so long.

In this time greed had returned to the forefront of human consciousness.

A man named Thomas Rotino had wanted more for his community, the people he had grown up with, his friends. The technologies he saw in the hands of the Wilson family he wanted. To make his life easier, he wanted what he simply did not have. The Wilsons were not the only ambitious people in the world. Rotino would get what he wanted if it he had to kill for it. Over time Rotino had shared his views with other people. Had told them that they could have everything they ever wanted if they were willing to fight. Rotino had amassed an army. Not extremely large but then again it didn't need to be. It was the only army. He called them La Familia. His family. June 4, 2292 marked the first attack on Philadelphia, capital of the FPE. This was the beginning of the end of human existence.





Part 2:

The Invasion



1. War… Again



         

         There were no defenses at the capital. There had never been anything to defend against. The first three days were devastating. La Familia were brutal. The city was in ruins reminiscent of the old Viking days. They had taken roles of the Norsemen in the way they killed and looted. The killed the men and children and raped the women before submitting them to the same fate.

Roberto Wilson watched helplessly as his people were destroyed. He had taken refuge with a number of other Philadelphians in an old factory from early in the millennium. Roberto was still very young, unremarkable in almost every way. He was a clerk in a small grocery store. When he had gone into hiding he left his father and mother behind. He was alone with a hundred strangers. Everybody was scared.

They hid for weeks until he roused them into fighting back. He wasn’t stupid like the generals of La Familia or at least he wasn’t so heartless. He understood that they couldn’t go rushing in to come out without deaths. He taught them to hide and wait, to catch them by surprise.

The men in the group ventured out from their hiding place and traveled back to Philadelphia. All the while accumulating more and more men from small towns to help them fight, usually men who lost their families to La Familia, be it to their rankings or their weapons.

It was a bright August afternoon when they had arrived on the outskirts of the city. Buildings were on fire. Bodies were strewn lazily across the streets. Roberto Wilson and his men entered the city and the final war between humans ensued.







2. Interruption



                   Little did the humans know they were being watched. Watched and molded. The Cancer had come 200 years before to right the wrongs humanity had committed. They had unleashed a swarm of nanobots that had wiped out most of mankind in hopes that the humans would see the error of their ways and repent.

         And they had. For a time. But the misdeeds of humanity had resurfaced after only a few centuries. The Cancer’s experiments had failed. And they were coming to right their mistakes.

         After only a few days of fighting did the first ship land. Shock troopers stormed Philadelphia, exterminating the last of the human plague. Fortunately for Roberto Wilson and his soldiers, he had returned to the small factory in hopes of regrouping from the losing battle. That small decision had changed the fate of humanity for after seeing the destruction wrought on the city and being spread to he surrounding area a farmer ran to Roberto Wilson and his men. A simple farmer ran to warn them of the monsters in the flying boat, they came with sticks that spouted fire and brought death. And so they went into hiding. Traveling only at night as far away from civilization as possible. For the rest of his life Roberto Wilson did what he could to keep his family and friends alive.

         Little did they know that within a year the Cancer had touched down in every major city and town on the face of the earth. Philadelphia had been an example for the human race. What happened to the rest of humanity was far worse. The message was clear. “Resistance is Futile.” The Cancer enslaved what was left of those who did not fight back or hide. Most of those who did hide were hunted down in a few days and slaughtered. The Humans were set to work in iron mines that the Cancer had been able to drill deep into the center of the Earth.







Part 3:

Slavery





© Copyright 2009 Marc Eisenmann (countercross at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1529257-Evolutionary-Tales-of-the-Human-Race