*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1529412-Love-Stone
by Conner
Rated: E · Prose · Fantasy · #1529412
A lovingly dark and tragic tale of a hermit in the hills and his search for love.
- In a little hut, on a distant mountain's top, lives an old hermit whose work never stops.
- Shaping and molding new lives from stone, he searches for that someone, but has always lived alone.
- His quarry is a graveyard filled with the dead. All of the townsfolk, some have said.
- Each night he journeys to the stone forest to claim his prize, hoping one will eventually breathe life and open her eyes.
- Though each failure adds to the evermounting toll, he carves his next love straight from his soul.
- And one night a sculpture would open her eyes. Wearing a beautiful stone smile, she would begin to rise.
- The hermit, weary and exhausted, would step back and plea, "After this many years, can it finally be?"
- His stone love would smile and draw him near. She would whisper and console, telling him not to fear.
- His love had finally awoken
- And as he opened his mouth to let out a triumphet roar, he felt his chest heave, and knew no more.
- His heart had broken, to be alone so long. To be deprived of love hurts so wrong.
- His stone love took him in her arms, and carried him to his quarry, the everquiet graveyard.
- Nestling him inside a recent opened grave, she covered him with dirt, under the moonlight's rays.
- Taking her place beside her lover and creator, she smiled up at the moon, and ceased moving forever.
- Love is stone that cannot be broken.
© Copyright 2009 Conner (cuv97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1529412-Love-Stone