*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1529575-Our-Living-Constitution
Rated: E · Essay · Political · #1529575
This essay is about our Constitution and the limits of power and amendments within it.

Our Forefathers designed a system, which would evolve with our Country’s beliefs, cultures, and needs. The purpose for establishing this system was to provide framework for all future laws, and to bring together 13 very different colonies into one Nation. Ensuring the freedoms of independence, safety, religion, and lifestyles for the people of this new Nation. This document and its ideals can continually change with our Countries growth and advancements. After much deliberation, this document was set forth in our Constitution on March 4, 1789. They did this to make sure that the powers given to any one government position cannot dictate absolute power.

The Constitution was specially designed to limit powers into three branches, the Legislative, Executive, and Judiciary branch; none of which was to have supremacy over the others. The Executive branch consists of such people as the President, the Cabinet, and the executive offices of the President. The Executive branch is known for enforcing laws created by the Legislative branch. The Judicial branch, the United States Supreme Court and the Federal Judiciary, must review the laws the Executive branch is to enforce. There is also the Legislative branch, This branch contains the United States House of Representatives, the United States Senate, and the Library of Congress, the laws are created through the Legislative branch. The separation of powers with the checks and balances, was designed to prevent any branch from infringing individual rights safeguarded by the Constitution. The government is also restricted by the amendments.

The purpose of our amendments is to provide rules and guidelines to the government and to the people of the United States. The making of these guidelines is a intricate procedure. First they have to propose an amendment. Either Congress or the States can propose an amendment to the Constitution. Both Houses of Congress must propose the amendment with a two-thirds vote, and two-thirds of the State Legislatures must call on Congress to hold a Constitutional Convention. Then they have to ratify an amendment. Regardless of how the amendment is proposed, it must be ratified by the States. Three-fourths of the State Legislatures must approve of the amendment proposed by Congress, or Three-fourths of the States must approve the amendment by ratifying conventions. All together this system was designed to set rules and guidelines, protect, bring together the colonies, and to accept all religions, beliefs, and lifestyles into one united nation, Making this document still "living".
© Copyright 2009 Mikayla:) (koala310 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1529575-Our-Living-Constitution