*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1529869-power
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1529869
i am a 16 year old boy with the hardship and power of a man.
I realized I had “powers” when I turned 16, in English class. At least that’s what I call it; it’s basically when you can do amazing things, but some people just call it “powers”. My name is Dan Walter, and I am an adapter. Well you now everybody can do amazing things but I don’t mean like become the president or save the world from aliens or stop global warming.
I mean something that makes you unique. If I meet another unique person I can take away their power for a short period of time or use their power, and I can only use the power to a limit. People like hulks and speedsters.
There powers are very unique like hulks, hulks are exactly like the movie hulk, they get much stronger and the body turns a different color. Also speedsters their power is to run as fast as the speed of light without getting hurt. It is a myth that a speedster can travel through time if he or she gets enough practice, but it also costs a year of their life.
You usually gain a power at the age of 16, on your birthday. From what I’ve heard only a quarter of the population or less has powers. My brother which should be twenty two went missing when I was ten.
I’ve sworn my life to find him, I think his power took control of him and made him leave, because my brother would have never left me or mom, after dad left, my dad left when I was five. Nobody knows why he left. But my brother was one of the nicest and kindest boys you could ever meet.
Once we went to the park, we found an injured bird my brother picked it up and ran home. Patched up the bird and cared for it for over a month. Then my brother tried to set the bird free. The bird would not leave so my brother kept it, but every day he would open the window to let the bird go, but the bird never left. My brother was my hero.
My mother died from an unknown type of cancer when, I was 13. I lived on the streets after my mother died. But, then one day I was approached by a man he gave me a hundred dollars, a loaf of bread, and told me I should go and work at the movie theatres down the street. I felt so relieved and appreciative.
So I went down to the movie theatres. They offered me a job as “clean up duty”.
I said “yes” immediately.
I went to work the next day. Then at work the next week the cops came. I thought they were going to take me to one of those homeless centers.
Out of nowhere a demon looking thing came in front of me. It had long flowing red hair and glowing black eyes. Its hands were like razors. It was wearing a big black cloak. All you could see was its hands, head, and feet.
The boy cops hands started to glow like fire, and the girls hands started to glow like blue fire. The demon and the boy cop ran at each other. The boy cop jumped with his feet pointed at the demon. Fire blasted out of the cop’s feet and hit the demon.
The demon kept running right threw the fire. Then the demon punched the cop with his razor like hands. It looked like the cop passed out. Then the female cop aimed her hands at a post for the building the post fell on the demon. He brushed it off like a pebble.
The demon laughed. The demons laugh felt like it shook the building. It sent chills down my spine. By the time that the demon ran at the cop I was already running.
I looked behind me to see if anybody was fallowing me. But there was nobody behind me. It was about six pm and very dark. When I turned around the demon was standing right there. The demon was so close I stumbled backwards and fell. The demon stepped back out of the light and disappeared for a few seconds.
Then my brother came out of the shadows.
I said about to cry “you’re the demon?”
My brother whose name is “z” said “yes Dan”.
I yelled at him “why did you leave me and mom?”
“I had too if I didn’t I would have killed you and mom. I couldn’t control the monster inside of me.”
“I missed you so much z”.
“So did I Dan, but now me and you need to get out of here, those starters will be back, except with more troops”.
“Do you mean those cops, z?”
“Those are not cops Dan, those are starters, and they work for a business that kills people like us or uses people like us to fight in a hidden war against humans”.
A bullet hit my brother and out of the dark a man stepped into the light and said “who are you, and why are you with this man”.
Everything went black and I felt myself spinning, it wasn’t an uncontrollable spin, it was more like a calm spin. I opened my eyes and the spinning stopped. I saw the man that shot my brother and I tried to yell, but no sound came out. Then I noticed my dad in the corner with two guns strapped to his legs.
Then the man that shot z moved two fingers and my dad slammed to the ground. I realized they were in a lab, like a science lab. Then my dad looked at him and the man froze. My dad stood up and threw a gun up in the air. He cut the gun and aimed it at the man’s heart. My dad pulled the trigger. The bullet raced into the man’s heart. Then the man’s fingers moved and my dad disappeared.
I awoke and I was back where my brother was shot. The man was standing where he was before. I stood up and moved my fingers and the man flew against the wall and passed out. Then my feet and hands felt incredibly strong. So I picked up my brother and ran.
I ran till I couldn’t run any more I ended up in the woods somewhere. I put down my brother. He said “thanks Dan”.
“Are you alright z” I said while my eyes started to water.
“Aren’t you scared of me Dan?” Said z with fear.
“I would never be scared of you z”.
“Now answer the question” I said.
“Dan I want you to go to the Lincoln memorial, k”
I then said “fine” but he wanted me to leave him there and so we argued for about an hour. Then I walked through the forest and left my brother, which was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done.
I saw a piece of fresh meat on a stick, roasting. I ran towards it, because I haven’t eaten in like two hours. I knew it was a pretty stupid idea but I was starving. Then a wolf like thing ran at me. The difference between the thing and a wolf was that it was on two legs and walked like a human.
The thing stopped right in front of me, and turned into a human and laughed.
It then said “you should have seen your face it was so pathetic”.
I stuttered “WH WH what are you”
“Pphhh me am a werewolf, and my name is Ishmael’
“How about you, are you the adapter, z’s brother”
“How do u now z I said to him”
“Well I’m kind of his best pal”
“So are you his brother or not”.
“Yea, my names Dan”
“But I’m not sure what an adapter is”
So Ishmael explained it to me. Then Ishmael said my brother talked about me all the time. Ishmael said he hoped he would see me one day. Ishmael seemed pretty full of himself. But he talked with such passion it was convincing me that I’m not going insane or sleeping. It was also convincing me that my life would never be the same.
© Copyright 2009 charlie (charlie12225 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1529869-power