*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530123-Consistency-is-Key
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #1530123
If you want to do anything well you must be consistent in your efforts.
If you want to do anything well you must be consistent in your efforts. If you want to do anything great you must be consistently great in your efforts and always looking to be and do better than the day before.

My most successful coaching clients are the ones who consistently make their appointments. Then they consistently follow through on the objectives for the week. The best athletes are the ones who are consistent. Larry Bird consistently showed up for practice early and stayed late. Which is why he was consistently the best and the one who the team had come to count on at the key clutch moments when the shot needed to be made.

Michael Jordan was the best, he won award after award and game after game. He was the best because he consistently did his best. Not just once, not just one freak shot, he made the shots every time and that is consistency.

When I was in sales the most successful salespeople were those who marketed consistently and made sales calls, consistently. Success is not made through random efforts, but through consistent efforts.

The same thing goes with health and nutrition and dieting. You don't just go to the gym once and say “whew, glad that's over and I never have to do it again.” If you want lifelong change then you must be… consistent.

The people who do well in any business are the ones who find something that works and then do it consistently. As a matter of fact, that's one of the philosophy's of Walt Disney. He said, the values of the Walt Disney company, are the 4 C's Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and you guessed it Consistency.

Consistency creates credibility. Consistency creates results. The great ones are consistent in all they do. More importantly they are consistent at all they do well, and that is what creates greatness.
© Copyright 2009 Sharmen (sharspeaks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530123-Consistency-is-Key