*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530216-Moms-Radio-Reaps-Awards-In-2005
Rated: · Other · Other · #1530216
Sample Press Release
For the third consecutive year, pro-mother station Mom’s Radio, the FM station of the Southern Broadcasting Network (SBN) was recognized for its transformational programming

Third’s a Charm at the CMMA

At the 27th Catholic Mass Media Awards (CMMA), the station’s Sunday program Mom’s Vineyard won the Best Radio Drama Program Award for the episode, “Different Stories About God’s Kingdom”. The Bible-based storytelling hour of Mom’s Radio bested five other entries, including another two from the station.

Accepting the award for Mom's Radio was Linnie Mayoralgo-Dinopol, SBN Vice-President & Executive Producer, Estima Managing Director Gemma Gochuico together with Mom’s Vineyard program scriptwriter and storyteller Mommy Mylene. A visibily moved Dinopol drum-beated the program's "high quality educational and learning systems that teach values to children and parents”

In addition, Mom’s Radio’s Afternoon Chat Specials featuring “Mama Says Papa Says” was adjudged the Best Counseling & Public Service Radio Program.

Likewise, for the second straight year, SBN received a CMMA Special Citation for Mom’s Morning Chat for “providing entertaining and informative morning programs”.

However, network President and CEO Teofilo Henson admits that the Archdiocese of Manila’s Special Citation for Southern Broadcasting Network’s “highly innovative and audience centered programming” is truly the highlight of the network’s year.

Henson says that, "with this humbling acknowledgement of Southern Broadcasting Network’s advocacy towards transformational programming and audience-empowerment, Mom’s Radio is more inspired in carrying on with its service to the public and its vow to be of support to all mothers of the land.”

Mom’s Radio had 10 nominations in 3 categories.

The Archdiocese of Manila established the awards in 1978 for exemplary works of individuals and organizations in television, cinema, radio, and print, advertising, music, the Internet and campus publications while paying tribute to those who are serving God through Media.

This year, the CMMA adopted the theme, “The Communications Media: At the Service of Understanding Among Peoples” to underscore the message of the much-loved Holy Father John Paul at the 39th World Communications Day.

In his message to the media practitioners who took part in the CMMA, Apostolic Nuncio Archbishop Antonio Franco quoted the Holy Fathers message on the role of the communications media, “The model and pattern of all communication is found in the Word of God Himself.”
On his part, Manila Archbishop Gaudencio Rosales said the awards recognized those in the media who remained focused on the “lofty task to which media is called: information and education towards promoting understanding, dispelling prejudice and bringing about unity and harmony among peoples.”

He quoted the late Pope John Paul II as saying that modern technology allowed the media “unprecedented possibilities for good, for spreading the truth of our salvation in Jesus Christ, and for fostering harmony and reconciliation.”

First Time Wins at the CAMMA and the KBP

Mom’s Radio likewise received recognition for the first time in two other prestigious award-giving bodies.
Within the same week of its CMMA win, Mom’s Radio’s Mom’s Morning Chat received the Best Radio Magazine Program at the Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster sa Pilipinas (KBP) Golden Dove Awards.

Thanking the KBP in behalf of the station executives, program host Mommy Mylene received the Golden Dove saying, “What we do isn’t easy. Our advocacy of transformational programming is a daily struggle for us at Mom’s Radio, being a small player in a sea of media giants --- having been nominated side by side with them was honor enough for all of us.”

Likewise, in August this year, the station became a Special Award Recipient for “actively advocating the role of women in the society through massive information campaign and dissemination via radio broadcast” at the Cebu Archdiocese Mass Media Awards (CAMMA)

Mom’s Radio is heard over the airwaves with stations in six provinces namely, Bacolod (DYCP FM 90.3), Cebu (DYAP FM 88.3), Davao (DXSS FM 97.9), Laoag (DWSN FM 97.9), Cagayan de Oro (DXNY FM 107.9) and Tarlac (DZMC FM 91.1)

Information on Mom’s Morning Chat and Mom’s Radio may be obtained from the Southern Broadcasting Network at tel. no. 636-3286.
© Copyright 2009 Mylene Segundera-Bass (mylenebass at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530216-Moms-Radio-Reaps-Awards-In-2005