*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530228-Birth-Pains-and-That-Motherhood-Feeling
Rated: · Other · Other · #1530228
Sample Editorial (Lifestyle)
I love reading stories written by mothers. Birth stories rank among my favorites. Birth stories have an original perspective. After all, no two of them are bound to be alike.

Giving birth may be one of the most unforgettable rites in any woman’s life. Whether your experience was good or bad, joyous or a little sad, it leaves an indelible mark on your soul. Every time I hear variations of the same rite of motherhood, experienced by other women, somehow the entire mother adventure becomes even more life-affirming.

It may be of hazy memories of cesarean sections or vivid ones of unmedicated deliveries, breech babies and home births. Each one has a story to tell. With each and every mother unique, each deserves the opportunity to celebrate that motherhood feeling in an individual, enlightened way.

That too, the social element behind sharing stories! Isn’t that what we mothers do when we get together? Talking about our own is what we do best. And sharing stories is an integral baby step to developing a sense of community!

Yes, this maiden issue is all about births --- birth in shared and unified faith, new life experiences and strengths drawn from beyond ourselves.

Same goes for our “baby”, a publication of our own: it was all about the birth pains of form and substance, creating copy, beating deadlines, of wearing many hats and still pulling off being a “Jill-of-all-trades”.

In our birth issue, we start the sharing closest to home, the coming to life of our Super Moms Club, whose members were drawn together by the driving force and inspiration of our Formators who go on air at Mom’s Radio.

We are a community of mothers who believe that God’s gracious gift should be treasured and celebrated everyday. We believe in striving to live each moment with enthusiasm and purpose. We believe in liberation by information and the joy of action. We are advocates of the power for self-care, the power of communities, the power of levity. We seize the super power of moms committed to rebuilding a nation. We are guided by a dream of empowerment by honoring and nourishing inner lives.

And, there is a place for you --- yes, even if only to exhale. So join us. Renew your mind. Recharge your body. Revive your spirit.

Join us in celebrating motherhood.


--- MOMMY MYLENE
© Copyright 2009 Mylene Segundera-Bass (mylenebass at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530228-Birth-Pains-and-That-Motherhood-Feeling