*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530234-Constitution
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #1530234
school stuff
How has our 220-year-old Constitution remained a living document? Well this is because of the seven principles (of the Constitution), Popular Sovereignty, who gives the government its power; Republicanism, how are people's views represented in government; Federalism, how is power shared; Separation of Powers, how is power divided; Checks and Balances, how is power evenly distributed; Limited Government, how is abuse of power prevented; and Individual Rights, how are personal freedoms protected.

The way the people make sure not only one party is entrusted with all of the responsibilities of government is by is by checks and Balences. People all over didn't want a king, so they came to America. America helped people get some freedom and rights. The reason for establishing the U.S. Constitution is because they wanted a more free government. They wanted a place were if there was a problem then they really wouldn't get in tons of trouble but to be testified and tried.

The main reason for amending the U.S. Constitution (I think) is because they wanted to make a place where you don't have a title, you are not known for any thing higher than every one else, and for every person to be seen as an equal. Not as a person who is just there or a bad one but just a normal person like every one else.
© Copyright 2009 booga booga (lady_bug_095 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530234-Constitution