*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530878-Treat-me-as-you-wish
by Rev
Rated: · Other · Religious · #1530878
Years ago my father told me of something that happened you might find special
Treat me as you wish


Years ago my father told me of something that happened you might find special this so i will share it with you.
It was a cold winter day a poor farmer father was driving into town with his four children to buy what they needed for the week when he saw a car broke down on the side of the road he pulled over and asked if he could help.
Why would you help me said the older man I am not made of money or going to pay you if that’s what your thinking he replied.
No need god says we should treat others as we want to be treated and that’s why I will be glad to help you he climbed from the raggedy old truck and looked under the cars hood the car was a shinny new model and likely cost more than the father could make in a whole planting session seams to be a coil wire broken he said its easy to fix then get to it the older man snapped ok gladly replied the father.
Going back to his truck he dug around in a old rusty tool box and pulled out a few wires and some tools Don’t mess up my car the older man replied it    cost a lot more than you have I am sure of that yes sir have you going in no time replied the father my name is jack he told the older man I know who you are you’re the dirt farmer down at the end of my land I am sure you know my name everyone around here does  as rich as I am the man snapped.
Yes sir I know your name your Mr. Fawn glad to meet you sir yes yes skip the chitchat just get to it.
Yes sir replied jack and went to work after ten minutes he was finished that will do it sir your good to go about time I will take the car to the shop in town if it makes it there replied Mr. fawn.
Ok sir have a blessed day I will follow you to make sure you don’t have any problems do as you wish still not paying you if that’s your thinking replied fawn jack just smiled and returned to his truck and followed him into town as fawn pulled into the service station jack went into the general store across the street to buy his supplies
.
One of jacks children a young girl of ten years old told her father why did you help him he’s a mean old man dad?
Not at all child he’s just lonely old man and sometimes people seam mean when their lonely after all god says we should love everyone as were all his children and he smiled.

Hay jack replied the storeowner come to get your thanksgiving supplies I see yep as always this time of year he smiled.
Sam the store owner waved him over and whispered into his ear look jack don’t worry about the bill just get what you need I know the crops have been bad this year no reason for you and the kids to do without God bless you Sam said jack your always so good to us.
That’s what aim here for Sam smiled you see Sam knew that after Jacks wife died two years before that it had be very hard trying to make a living and bring up four kids at the same time he did his best to provide for his kids.
Across the street the  station attended told Mr. Fawn don’t  see a thing wrong who ever fixed your car did a very good job you mean it don’t need anything I am sure the wire he used was old and ratty replied fawn nope not at all looks as good as new it was well worth what ever you paid him.

Mr. Fawn scratched his head and walked across the street to the store to place his order as he always did as he walked in Sam chirped  hello Mr. Fawn ya ya your  always glad to see me all you want is my money Sam’s smile left his face and he looked over at Jack shacking his head Jack just smiled.
Jack walked over the counter ok Sam what’s the damage this year  and smiled Hmm lets see looks like eighty nine thirty four jack sorry prices just keep going up ok so what’s my told come to well two hundred forty there near as I can see Jack said Sam.
Well guess that new plow will have to weight one more year then ok here is sixty five that’s all I can do for now sorry crops did so bad this year not a problem Replied Sam I am sure it will be better next year.
Unknown to Sam and Jack Mr. Fawn had heard every word that had been said.
Thanksgiving went by as always then one week before Christmas while Jack as in town getting what little he could for his children Sam told him that Mr. Fawn had passed away
Now that’s one  funeral that no one will attend that I am sure of Sam Replied.
When is it asked Jack your kidding right your not actually going to go Sam asked?
Were all gods children Sam Jack Replied I guess said Sam its Christmas Eva at the old cemetery near town at four o’clock ok thank you Sam and Jack left for home.
At four o’clock Christmas Eva Jack and his four children stood and attended the service only them and the preacher and one other man was there Jack thinking the man must be a distend family as he had never seen him before today and he knew every one for twenty miles around not to mention the man was well dressed and did not seam to belong around here..
After the service was over and jack and his children were going to the rusty truck he owned the man walked over Sir he called to Jack.
Yes replied Jack what can I do for you its what I can do for you sir he said you see I am Mr. Fawns lawyer and in his will he has stated that who ever came to his funeral was to receive this letter and I was to make sure that what ever it said was taken care of for them ok replied jack and he took the letter and opened it,
The letter had been dated the same day Jack had met Mr. Fawn in the letter was written.
To whom it May Concern if you attended my funeral then you have shown me more compassion and respect than anyone ever has and for that I here by will all my worldly goods everything from my bank accounts to my home land and car your truly Mr. Jack Fawn.
Morel of the story you never know just what god can do until he shows you.
God Bless one and all.
Author Rev. Phillip J. Quinn
© Copyright 2009 Rev (phillipq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530878-Treat-me-as-you-wish