*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530998-The-Death-Of-Victory
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Igasu
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1530998
The first chapter in my short story.
Fighting. It can represent the most basic of emotion. And it can be regarded has the highest of human achievement. Look back at the fight with new eyes.



With Eyes as clear as the sky at noon he looks down upon his sister. And suddenly what was clear has become a storm. Drops pour from his face like rain and the sound he makes can be that of thunder. He collapses to his knees and hold his sister.





I remember when I first held you this way. I was five and you where but two days old. I love you now as I love you then my sister. Goodbye.



The rumbling grows louder. The lofty peak is about to break. And then in the distance he can see a horse and rider, a knight from his realm. He will be saved. And this is clear but the storm



Remember a voice calls out. Remember why: why you had to kill me.



He closes his eyes and takes himself back. Back to that place that was so hard to be.



Five years ago. It was a time of war. The world was divided. The mystics are against the Technologist all over the belief of what pure. Fire rains down from the sky and lightning strikes flying ships as they fly past the Sky Blue Castle. Upon the battlements lay the ruin of warriors, mystics, sages and the pure fighters. Very few are left standing. Amongst those few are the King the prince and princess. The King stands tall and firm waiting for the next attack. At his feet are his Son and Daughter. The castle is protected by the Four. Four monks floating high above crating a shield around the castle, and it is about to break.



The King speaks and his voice is thunderous. My son, you must stand with me. We cannot prevail this day if you are not by my side. I know father. The young man says, But my sister, she may not live. If it is her time my son may her soul be free. But our fate my not be hers we will win this day. Now stand with me and fight!



The young man stand tall and proud as he takes his fathers hand. They begin a chant that speaks to the spirits of the sky and the earth. The clouds turn to fire and the lightening strikes the targets with a red flame that dance around the approaching enemies.



King: My son, the day is won.



Prince: Can we truly say that father? If they have more lying in wait



King: No, our strategy was absolute. Now we claim the pries.



Prince: Yes. It has always been there custom to send one General in this sea of machines. Could he still be alive?



King: By the Earth and air bring forth the soul that taints our space.

The ground shakes and a swirl of wind lifts the various machines. A body is reviled and floats towards them.



King: You see my son. He comes.



Prince: It looks as if he is still alive. Is he saying something?



King: Praying no doubt.



Prince: No, it sounds like a chant.



King: A chant? Impossible. It is beyond their comprehension and they consider it a great perversion. Such a thing will never happen.



The general is almost close enough to touch and his speech grows clear.



General: and when flesh meets flesh let souls switch place.



With a flash of light and a loud thunderous bang the spell is complete. All that needs be done is touch some one. And of course it is



General: The KingI will become the King.



Prince: Not unless death clams you first.



The Prince reveals his sword. And with a mighty slash he cuts open the chest of his enemy.



Prince: You have lost. Death will take you long before you can make the change.



General: Such bravado young prince. My life has not yet ended and yet you clam victory.



Prince: You are correct. Your severed head will serve us better than your pitiful life.



He raises his sword high and just as he swings down he sees the enemies hand placed on his sisters. He is too tired to stop himself. And he can only hope he kills the enemy before the souls where switched. Her body starts to shake and convulse violently.



Prince: Father, father what have I done.



King: There is still some hope. She is struggling with the other one.



Prince: Then she is alive:



King: Yes, your sword fell quick indeed. It is up to her to expel him. Soul transference is one thing. But this is directly interfering with the other realm. It is forbidden to us.



Seconds turn to hours as the rage inside her quells. But he is not defeated he merely lies in wait. In five years time he will emerge five times. The fifth will be the worst and ultimately the end. But some endings are just beginnings.

© Copyright 2009 Igasu (igasu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530998-The-Death-Of-Victory