*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1531012-Chapter--1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Dark · #1531012
This chapter is about how a girl confesses how much it hurts to love someone who leaves.
She saw him wave goodbye as he left. No emotion on his face as the train chugged away. Just a wave. Maybe there was an emotion. But since the relationship was over, there was no emotion. She didn't want it to end.Well,...I didn't want it to end. It hurt like hell to see him go. Like a thousand glass shards piercing my skin at once. It hurt. My friend held me back as the train shot forward. I screamed and yelled for him to come back.


"COME BACK! COME BACK!"
I broke free of my friend's grasp...which didn't really seem like a grasp. Like they weren't holding me back. Like they wanted me to go after him. I ran. I did not run after the train. I ran after him. I ran after his soul. His heart. His presence. His whole being. Did it mean anything to him that he may never see me again? It didn't have to mean the world, not even a lot. But deep in my soul, I wanted me to be the reason he stayed. I ran as fast as I could. My heart was pounding in my ears. It was all I could hear. Not the thunder. Not the people yelling at me. Only my heart. I fell to the ground and started to cry. The train was going farther into the fog. I looked up and screamed into the air. I was screaming for not only myself, but for every person who has ever lost someone they loved for no reason. Right at that moment, a thousand people were feeling pain with me. A thousand people were waiting for the person they love to come back to them with a smile. But those thousand people won't have their prayers answered. Not today at least. Maybe one day. One day far in the future. But until then, they won't have anyone to love. They will loose all hope. All faith...everything. Because what we had when we loved,will be gone. Because our souls don't belong to us anymore. Whoever we loved takes it with them. And may never give it back. That is also why we find it hard to love again. Because we don't have our souls anymore. We have rental ones that were found in the lost and found box. We get the ugly used ones. The ones that make us sad and horribly mad. That is also why it is hard to get used to not only the new person...but also ourselves.
© Copyright 2009 Azkadelia Gottlieb (myhorrorshow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1531012-Chapter--1