*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1531116-Skin-Harvest
Rated: 18+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1531116
The early days of the skin trade.


         Corinne was freezing in the damp concrete room that she had been left in for countless days. There was no light apart from a dim glow just barely visible at the bottom of a wall on the far end of the room, not even enough for her to see her own hand. She prayed for some sort of light, hoping light would bring warmth. Her body was otherwise numb to everything else from shock. She was chained, naked, to the wall with a metal loop running between her calf bones, encircling the larger tibia.

         The man that brought her down here had not been back since, but someone else had been; someone in a dingy corduroy coat. Corinne caught only the slightest glance at him each time he returned, seeing nothing but the coat. It seemed to be a magnet for her eyes, holding her rapt until a dart pierced her skin causing her to fall asleep. Every time she woke up she could tell he had cleaned her wounds. She had been down here long enough for her legs to start healing around the loops.

         Corinne sat in the cellar moving only her arms to reach the food the man in the dirty coat left behind each time he visited. She was unwilling to endure more pain if she moved the loops. The damp air along with her lack of movement and exercise lowered her body temp drastically. It didn't help that she was unclothed either.

         Suddenly her life was once again filled with light, bright and almost vicious through her expanded pupils. A shadow moved in front of the glare and Corinne could see the coat once again. It was closer now and looked more like leather.

         "Hello, Corinne. I apologize for not speaking with you earlier. Your time here is almost through and I wanted to tell you, personally, that we appreciate your time with us. I see you're cold, here put this on."

         Corinne was indeed shivering madly now, more from nervousness than cold though. She had no words, and no strength, as the man removed his coat, revealing a red shirt with some company logo on the front, and placed it around her slack shoulders.

         She looked down, grasping the coat around her, thinking only of the prior glimpses she had stolen in the past. Her eyes studied it, searching for a reason behind her obsessive glare.

         Corinne's pupils returned to the giant holes they had been before the new light had almost blinded her. They had come to rest looking at the pocket over her left breast and the nipple that adorned it with a small metal stud running through it.

         "What..." Corinne's voice could manage no more than that one word.
         "Shh, Shh." The man hushed her.
         "You'll be harvested soon." He whispered to her as he pinched the loose skin around her waist.

         "You will make someone very warm indeed."
© Copyright 2009 Warlock1111 (warlock111 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1531116-Skin-Harvest