*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1531993-Old-School-Love
Rated: · Monologue · Other · #1531993
Why relationships became a commodilty
What is the definition of a “open” relationship? What's up with the status of being in a relationship that is “complicated”? That's the options that Facebook has been coming up with for people which gives them more reasons to complicate their personal commitment issues. If you are in a relationship, you are in one, which is basically just two people being together in a committed bond, a perfect fusion of two people's natures and lives being intertwined into one. Not that I am being a prude, but it's really stupid to put out your relationship status as “complicated” or “open”. If you cannot figure out what is your relationship status or that your relationship is not even like one, then you're just single. Be it whatever you call it, you may be having sexual relationships with someone on a regular basis but you are not exclusive, that's not being in an “open” relationship, you're just basically friends with benefits, perhaps you care about each other, but not enough to be able to call yourselves being in a relationship. I just think people misuse that word so often that it has become over-rated. Or sometimes people just put that into their status so that they can have their cake and eat it too. Anytime they feel lonely or need someone, their “open” partner is there for them, but when they feel like they want to hook up with someone else, they don't have to account for their actions, and that is how they try to pick up people of the opposite sex online. Oh come on, don't insult everyone's else's intelligence.

As if humans don't complicate life itself with wars, manipulations of humans, human politics, now they got to complicate their emotions as well as other people's emotions with these silly mind games . This note is purely subjective, with no one being judged or mentioned in particular. I just find this whole “options” of how you define your relationships getting a little too over the top. If you want my opinion, some people do all these to get people to ask them more about their situations so they can rant or perhaps get more attention. Since when relationships has become a commercial commodity for someone to market themselves? Gone were the days were love and commitment were just a simple theory of two people in love. Now it has spread all over nation and even worldwide. On-off relationships, open dating, it's all just words with no particular meaning.

But who's to blame? No one. Not the internet, not computing geniuses that come up with these ideas, because they derive this new device of options based on how they see real life people dealing with their relationships. No fire, no smoke.
© Copyright 2009 Win Lou (winlou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1531993-Old-School-Love