*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1532383-Break-up
by Jaye
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1532383
The pain of breaking up
The thing about break-ups is you can’t really empathise with someone who’s just had their heart broken, until the same horrible thing has happened to you. When I was little I used to daydream that I’d have my heartbroken, I’d have something to actually be sad about, some sort of drama in my life. Of course then I had never experienced heart break. Its like no other emotional pain, you feel so unwanted, so ugly and the only thing that can cure you is the person who made you feel that way in the first place. At first the relationship is amazing, you feel like the luckiest person in the world and you actually feel sorry for other couples, you pity them. You pity them because nothing that they could have ever felt for anyone could come close to these feelings you have. You feel others looking at you in jealousy and it feels great. People actually tell you they admire your relationship, but they don’t know the truth. The relationship is like a rotting apple, appears perfect on the outside but deteriorating on the inside. The tears you cry make you believe you may forget how to smile, the feelings that are felt are like knifes stabbing you in the heart. It is unbelievable to think, this person, the person who made you feel like the most important person, who made you feel beautiful, who told you that they were in love with you, was making you feel this way. At first you deny it, pretend it isn’t really happening, even though you cry every night, even though you are miserable, well what you thought miserable was. That is until that person betrays you in the worst way, they leave you for another. You have not felt pain until you have had your heart broken, until the person you most trusted tells you they want someone else, when all you want is them.




© Copyright 2009 Jaye (jaye28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1532383-Break-up