*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1533825-Ugliness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by rrrose
Rated: 18+ · Other · Experience · #1533825
Taking a look in the mirror.
What kind of wind carries you away from within? I know of no updraft that effects spirit. And yet, through my shut out window, I can hear it. From the floor beneath my feet behind me something uncertain is moving through me. This wind is irrelevant as it could simply be anxiety. I saw 400 drunk drivers in a single room today. And a crazy red haired lady who was very much concerned with seeing an end put to drunk driving. That is all well and good. I on the other hand don't care one way or the other about anyone's dead loved ones. I was more concerned with a room full of 400 people who had been arrested when only about 50 of them were criminals. Laws create criminals and not much else. They are patch work for bigger problems. STOP ARRESTING PEOPLE FOR DUI! Arrests ruin lives too. Not many people in that room had hurt anybody. A few maybe. Fine, it matters! Whatever! Drinking and driving is fucked up! Whatever! STOP ARRESTING PEOPLE FOR DUI! Figure something else out. Laws create criminals. No one cares about a criminal’s feelings. USA has more people in jail than any other country in the world. How can we call this the land of the free? Jail is inhumane. It is the result of gross negligence on part of our society and the means to create the products (children) of the environment of that society. This is why I drink whisky, MADD. One reason. I've always been an alcoholic but I didn't need to be arrested over and over for it. If for no other reason than getting arrested makes me want to drink more. Exponentially until the next time. And then exponentially again. It’s a snifter of bourbon and 2 rolls of the dice to make 6,6,6,1,3. A snifter of bourbon and 5 rolls of the dice to make 6,6,6,1,3. A snifter of bourbon and 13 rolls of the dice to make 6,6,6,1,3. Driving a standard in traffic sucks. Period. ...Period...Period... Girls get periods. But not when they're pregnant and tomorrow WE KILL THE CHILD. You'll be next if you don't get MADD on your side. We're coming for your uterus. We are coming for your woman's uterus. Your body is my business. Your woman's body is my business. EVERYBODY SING. NOW! Ignore EvErYthING aaaaaannnnnndddddd PEEL ORaNges... SING IT! CRIPPLE YOUR NEIGHBOR! YES I AM AWARE OF THE SOAPBOX. Drink more. Drive more. Kill more. Suffer more. This is what living's for. Everything eats another. Energy comes and goes in many many ways. Not many are %100 preventable. So damage that statistic spoke the god damned mystic.

Trees have an effect
So many
And you
In the middle
So few
They tell you
What to think
What to do
Creating mystery
And uncertainty
The brooks
And rivers
Create anxiety shivers
Everything gets at you
Constantly
Because of the trees
You cannot get out
Every road leads
To more trees
And people
Like a disease
Debilitate good living
By not living free
We're all trapped
Inside the trees
We all eat away
At one another's
Environment
The only escape
Is open space
© Copyright 2009 rrrose (rrrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1533825-Ugliness