*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1534128-In-and-Out
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1534128
Random thoughts and ideas coming together somehow.
Is this where we're supposed to be? If there was one particular moment any one of us could change, would we take it? Or are we sincerely content with where we're at?
These questions many seem to avoid, others embrace these questions more often than the breaths they take. I personally am one to avoid. I would personally rather look to the future and what I can change, rather than dwelling on what I cannot.
I believe we as humans have spent too much time searching into the past. Sure, it's important to an extent. But we get so caught up in things that have happened, we forget of the present and future at hand. Often I find people wasting their lives with their minds ten years behind current times. My question: why?
Why do we run? Why do we burry ourselves in a chapter of a story we cannot change? Ultimately we have the power to create the entire ending to this story, but yet we generally choose to stay and re-read our favourite, or least favourite chapter.
What is wrong with time, the future: death? Our inner most fear is a situation no one seems to be able to accept these days, the situation of death. Those who accept this seem to live their lives to the fullest.
To be honest, I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this. The present thought came from a review upon my life personally and the question of "where am I at and do I like it?". I couldn't answer this at first. I began to think of prior years I miss and fear the future. Will I be able to endure a future life and career and leave youth behind permanently? Will I ever accomplish those goals that I have so ambitiously set in my own mind?
Many questions with even more answers. This is where my mind goes late night: to get ideas out and to review and self improve. This whole bit is a result of my habit of review and having to read my own thoughts aloud. Someday, hopefully, this will be at my advantage. Maybe.
© Copyright 2009 BobLawBlah (boblawblahbla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1534128-In-and-Out