*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1535196-the-sun-rises-and-awakens-lovers
by coffee
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1535196
My first post =) Based on death and life of a musician and myself.
the sun rises and awakens lovers

Rob wouldn’t sleep for days. He would lock the door and open the window or sit out on the porch and he’d wear sunglasses and even though he never washed his hair, it never seemed to get filthy. He’d have black rings under his eyes and he’d suddenly play a happy tune on his guitar and his hoarse laughter would reach my ears and I’d know he was happy.
I never understood how he could be awake for so long. He wouldn’t sleep for a week at the most and sweet Maria would be so worried about him she’d cook him his favorite dishes and bring him hot cocoa and he didn’t have the heart to tell her that he was allergic to milk. He wouldn’t sleep and the few times he ate he didn’t eat much. He’d just sit there, writing notes and playing these soft tunes and think and he would cry up there and Maria, sweet Maria, would cry with him and he’d play “Don’t Cry For Me, Argentina” and she’d hug him and his soft crooning would wake me up in the middle of the night and I wondered how he could live with so much pain.
© Copyright 2009 coffee (c0ffee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1535196-the-sun-rises-and-awakens-lovers