*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1535617-Freds-Network
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Friendship · #1535617
Rembering a high school classmate/friend who recently passed on to his greater reward.
Fred's Network...

Fred's Network began, for him, at an early age while attending Lincoln Elementary School. Throughout those years his network was mainly his classmates and kids in the neighborhood of North Iola.

Fred's Network expanded when he attended Iola Junior High as there the school received students from the other two elementary schools in Iola, Jefferson and McKinley. There Fred joined the band and also participated in football. He was the staring quarterback his Freshman year. It was here Fred's general toughness was put to the test almost daily, as he was shorter than most, but his tenacity was always his ally!

Fred's Network expanded even more when he entered Iola Senior High School in the fall of 1959. He kept busy at school all three years as he was active in several sports, band, Symphonette, Student Council, and the Kays. And, it wasn't long before he started working for pay. Most of his close friends were also involved in sports and the band. This included the guys as well as numerous gals. Truth be known, Fred' self-confident swagger was admired by lots of the female population in Iola, Ks. He had developed a high profile and admirable personality that many of us envied! Ha attended all of the “Pep Rallies”, “snake dances” around the town square, and he never missed an after game “mixer” down at the old community building. Can't say he was ever the best of dancers, however, he was never refused when he asked a young lady for a turn on the dance floor. Fred, like most of us, had a ball those years. The proof came years later as he attended most of the class reunions, held every five years. Those years, and later, and right up until his recent passing, I remember Fred's ever present smile, his compassion for those in need, and his stubborn streak. His smile was constant and ever-present and when he laughed, so did everyone near him!

Fred's Network expanded daily throughout his life. Like others in his class after high school I didn't have the pleasure of Fred's physical presence much, except at the class reunions I attended. It was my loss! According to all those that new Fred K. Smith, he lived a good and respectable life. He was a hard worker, a good husband and family man, a good Marine, and always a great and loyal friend!

Fred's Network will be forever expanding. Upon his passing, he just entered more fertile territory There he'll reacquaint himself with those who passed before him and immediately reach out to an infinite flock of others who he will have instantly expanded his network.

*Dedicated with love to Fred  K. Smith, his loving wife and family, the Iola H.S. Class of 1962@ Iola,KS, his Marine Buddies, and especially to the CEO of Fred's Network.
© Copyright 2009 Artemis Quill (artemisquill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1535617-Freds-Network