*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1535807-A-lesson-in-ideals
by Conner
Rated: E · Essay · Philosophy · #1535807
A brief narrative on the results of belief.
There are but two things that define mankind. Love and hatred. Without one, there is no other. Without both, mankind is no different than an animal, or any creature that stalks this earth. It is the balance of such things that make us who we are. The defining spark in our creation.
Man has always been the master of the domain of earth, but only at the cost of it's arrogence. It is the folly of all of God's children. So long as there are men, there will be war.
But there will also be beauty and creation. Love. In the same period of action we condemn and damn, but also uphold and create. So why did God create the races, the sects, the myriad of cultures and ideals that make us so different from one another?
He didn't. We did.
He scattered us and isolated us, allowed us true freedom, with only one constant variable in our existance: Belief. Belief in the divinity of God and grace. Every culture's ideals and lives are the direct result of faith. But which is the correct one?
All are.
He is there. All else follows.
God watches us. He listens, and if He so chooses, involves Himself in our lives. But the earth is nothing more than a worldly stage of which we all act and play our parts. God watches. God judges.
All else follows.
Devotion is not required. Only belief. Belief and the willingness to accept.
What awaits us then?
Look to the sky.
© Copyright 2009 Conner (cuv97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1535807-A-lesson-in-ideals