*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1536517-Mysteriously-in-love
by Toezy
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Emotional · #1536517
This is a story I've been chewing on for a while and I finally have time to write it down.
        7 years before I fell in love with Elizabeth, I had been a normal little boy. That year, my parents abandoned me and my sister. My sister had gotten a job to help us survive and when I was old enough, so did I. I worked as a servant for the Brunelles. Elizabeth was also a servant there. I worked in the stables while she was an errand girl so it was hard for us to get time together but we were always friends. I'll start with that.

      "Come on! You can run faster than that, Kale!" Elizabeth called. I watched as she and her brother chased one another during their few moments of free time. She was faster than her brother. She noticed me watching them and stopped dead in her tracks. She looked at me with the odd expression of one who is trying to figure something out. Her brother paused to follow her gaze but looked puzzled. "Wanna play?" she asked me. I shrugged. "I guess." I said. I put down the brush I had been using and ran over to her. That was the first of many games over the next two years as we started to get to know each other.

        Madame Diana, the youngest of the 3 Brunelle sisters, walked into the stable where Elizabeth and I had been playing Jacks. We both hurried to our 'positions of respect' as Diana's mother called them. We had our hands locked behind our backs and our feet together with our heads slightly bent in a sort of bow. "Elizabeth, you and I will go riding together." Diana was still fond of Elizabeth and often would choose her instead of one of her sisters to go riding with her. She turned to me. " Jonathan, ready Patch and Lightning." she instructed. I nodded as I began to get the horses saddled. When Diana thought I could not hear she looked at Elizabeth and said quietly. "Mother wants to get you married soon." My hands slowed and everything became blackness. Elizabeth couldn't get married. We were suppose to stay here forever together. That was the moment when I realized that I not only loved Elizabeth as a sister but I was in love with her. I loved her wavy brown hair, dark brown eyes, full lips, long legs, her ability to make me smile no matter what, and everything else about her. To me, she was perfect in every way possible.  But she would never be mine. She was going to be married soon and I didn't have much time left to be with her.

      When Elizabeth came back she was trying not to cry. I had known her long enough to know that if she was about to cry it was very important. The first tear escaped down her cheek just as she wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me. "Their gonna make me marry some snobby man named Henry. Their gonna make me stay with him and then their gonna send me far away from you." she wailed. I held her close to me and whispered that I wouldn't let them take her from me. That we would run away and they would never find us. She fell asleep crying soon and I carried her up to her small room and layed her down on the worn mattress. I made sure that she was as comfortable as possible and then I went to my loft in the stables. I thought about what to do and I thought we could leave in a week.

        The next day, I told her about my plan. She listened carefully but she pointed out the one flaw. "You only have enough money for two train tickets?" I nodded. "For me and you." I reminded her. "What about Kale?" she asked. "I-I don't have that much money." I admitted. She nodded. "Th-that's okay." She was the bravest girl I knew and she was about to leave her only family behind so we could be together. This made me love her even more. "Do you think he might have the money?" I asked. She shook her head. "He spends his money on clothes for the both of us." She explained.

        We did leave together, and we were happy together for three blissful years.  We were married soon after we left. We waited one year for her to turn 17. For her 20th birthday, I had sent her brother money to buy a train ticket. I had saved half my wages for two years. IT was worth seeing the smile on her face. Now, it's 2 years later, and the love that we once shared is as strong as ever before. I didn't know happiness like this existed until I met Elizabeth. As long as she is by my side and well, I will never again know anything other than perfect happiness.
© Copyright 2009 Toezy (toe2toe81 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1536517-Mysteriously-in-love