*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1536651-My-story-part-1
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Biographical · #1536651
sometimes you have to write it down to figure it out.
I don’t know exactly where to begin. I guess the beginning would be a good place.

My childhood was nothing special. I was an average kid with average friends and an average family. Growing up I’ll admit I went through many stages. In 5th and 6th grade I didn’t have many friends. Or rather I didn’t have many “cool” friends. I suppose it didn’t bother me much. Nothing really bothered me back then. Then in 7th and 8th grade, and even the beginning of my freshman year of highschool I was one of the girls I hate now. I thought I was one of the “it” girls and tried but (thanks to thick rimmed square glasses and a completely flat chest) failed at looking like one. I still wasn’t what you would call “popular” but I absolutely thought I was. I still to this day thank my friends that “put up” with me back then for not completely ditching me and telling me what a fake person I was. People say you change when you start Highschool. But I guess once again, I’m just a step behind everyone else on planet Earth.

I guess now would be a good time to describe my friends to you. Although I don’t exactly know who you are or if you even care what I’m saying, but here it goes anyway. First there is Ashley. She had been my absolute best friend since fourth grade, actually maybe it was first or kindergarten, I wouldn’t be able to tell you because the majority of my memory doesn’t seem to go past fourth grade. Well back to Ashley. She was very pretty. Not your average drop-dead-gorgeous type girl, but more of a I-don’t-need-makeup-to look-amazing type of person. She was always different than I was, mellower, more down to earth. This was a good thing of course. She was the one thing that kept me tied to the ground when my eighth grade mind was floating somewhere on planet Pugoozle, that’s right planet Pugooze. Did I mention I have and overly imaginative mind? No? Oh, I’ll get to that later then. So yeah Ashley. She too did not change much in Highschool. If possible she became more hippie-like and took on an I-don’t-really-care-about-anything role. But she was still my best friend and after all we had been through it didn’t seem like anything was going to change that.

Next was Kim. Okay, picture this, you are in a room filled with every single good looking man on planet earth, and they are all yours. Now picture someone walking into the room and everyone, immediately fall in love with her and completely forget you even exist. This girl is one, if not, the, prettiest girl you have ever seen, top in her class, in fantastic shape, and is amazing at every single thing she has ever, and will ever try. This, my friend, is Kim. She came into the picture as my tech partner in seventh grade. Before that she hid in the shadows of her ex best friend Stacy, who was infamously know for being extremely easy. But when Stacy moved she was left alone and that’s when we met. Freshman year was when everyone started to notice how gorgeous Kim was. And that’s when I, and Ashley for that matter, realized how much we hated her. But I’ll just leave it at that and get back to my other friends.

Emma would be next on the list. We met in 6th grade after realizing we were on the same softball team and had a utterly geek-like love for the Harry Potter book series. She too, like all of my friends was very pretty. She wore glasses like I did, and, also like me, traded them in for contacts when highschool started. She had pale skin and freckles and long wavy dark brown hair. Even though we ended up going to different high schools we somehow got even closer and still managed to hang out every now and then.

Now on to my Hillvalley friends. You see, my little suburb doesn’t have a highschool and therefore forces it’s young adults to attend school in Hillvalley a neighboring town about twenty minutes away. To help with my friend making there I decided to play field hockey, which aside from resulting in me meeting three people who would greatly affect my life, was an awful decision. Well enough side tracking. I’ll start with Abby. At the time, Abby and I were pretty much the same exact person. We had the same taste in music, movies, clothes, and boys, and neither of us drank or smoked. It was a match made in heaven. Not only did we act alike, but aside from her thick brown hair, we also looked extremely similar. She was someone I could see someday replacing Ashley.

Next there was Katie. Like Ashley, she wore very little make-up and still looked fantastic. She was incredibly athletic, playing three sports a year, and her GPA in school was never blow a 4.0. She was Abby’s best friend, and aside from that didn’t have an extensive reputation in school. She was basically known as the girl who hangs around Abby Woodsworth.

The last person I met on the field hockey team was Demi. Extremely curly dirty blonde hair, amber eyes that matched mine, and a scar on her top lip from a car accident she was in as a child, Demi was exotically gorgeous. We talked about everything from T.V shows to music to whether or not the field hockey coach was a lesbian, to just about everything. Conversation seemed to flow naturally between us. But there was something different about her. She seemed not as innocent as Abby or Katie, also two of her best friends. I wasn’t sure what it was, but as a girl who had made a self oath to never drink, smoke, do drugs, or have sex before marriage, I kept a comfortable distance.

After a long two weeks of running miles upon miles, shuttle lines till your back broke, and sprints that made you almost vomit, all in the scorching August sun, better known as Hillvalley field hockey pre-season, Highschool started. And this is where my story begins.
© Copyright 2009 17 without a purpose (liveformusic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1536651-My-story-part-1