*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1537668-Disjointed-Dreams
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jane
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Other · #1537668
I Dreamt All Of This Last Night - 10th March 09 ^^
“No,” I said, irritated. My grandma was stood with me in my front room, trying to get me to give her two cigarettes from my pack, even though I knew she had a full pack already.
“Ok,” she said, “how about I give you two of mine for two of yours?”
I smiled. That sounded good: a fair trade, except she had forgotten that hers were longer than mine. I happily opened the pack and removed two, as she did the same, and we swapped. The tips were a beautiful shade of royal blue, and lilac bands swirled around the length of them. They fitted perfectly into my packet, making the others look incredibly short. We smiled at each other, and then the scene faded...


The text was from Trev. It read: ‘Sorry babe, but I need to make some decisions; I’ll tell you when I’ve made them. x’
I sighed. Fair enough, I thought to myself. I knew that the age gap was the main reason, and some inner instinct told me that it wasn’t because he didn’t like me in that kind of way. I sighed again, and the image faded from my mind once more.


They were all gathered around in large groups. All of them except those closest to me; two people stood together three feet away, huddled close together. I crossed the space to them, and instantly realised why they were so isolated: their eyes were a beautiful silvery-grey, shining brightly in the moonlight. All the others were laughing and chatting, their multi-coloured eyes alight with excitement. As I noticed this, I also became aware that the outcasts had ideas of their own, which were infinitely better than the ideas of the more glamorous people gathered there. Soon, all the others seemed to gravitate toward the two outsiders and me, standing in a large crowd, cornering us by the chair on which the grey-eyed man was sat. I glared at the apparent leader of the others, an arrogant male with bright pink eyes who looked distinctly feline.
“What’s wrong with you?” I asked, stepping forward. “These people have some wonderful ideas, yet you completely ignore them! Now, you are all going to go with their ideas, and I want no arguments. Understand?” The cat-like male looked around sullenly, though he seemed to surrender. “Good,” I said. Then the scene faded once again.


Two rows of chairs were in front of me, facing inward to each other. There were many people around me, and I could sense their antagonism toward me, but I didn’t really care. A woman that I felt I knew but didn’t recognise was stood by one of the chairs, holding up a relatively small dress - a black skirt with a white top covered with black swirl patterns. Further up the hall, other groups of the brightly-coloured-eyed people danced around settings of chairs like the one round which my group was gathered. The grey-eyed people stood nearby, smiling at us. The woman holding the dress smiled and beaconed to me. I couldn’t help but grin, and I took off my two black hooded jackets, revealing a white sleeveless top. I walked through the chairs toward her, the knowledge that every other girl in my group wished to be in my position right now giving me a massive confidence boost. I was grinning broadly as I approached her, the fact that I was female blatantly obvious in my tight black trousers and tight top. The woman held the dress against me, smiling with satisfaction. It was obvious it would need adjusting slightly to fit me, but it was beautiful.
“You’re not serious!” I exclaimed to my friend Sarah who was stood to one side of the group.
“Hell yeah!” she exclaimed, grinning at me.
I woke up then, and felt around for my pillow. Then, once I had found it, I curled up and went back to sleep...

© Copyright 2009 Jane (janebell15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1537668-Disjointed-Dreams