*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1538016-My-lifes-colour
Rated: · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1538016
This is a short story describing a reunion of two lovers after a long time of separation.
. She stood uprightly like the soldiers of a white man's arny, walked like a queen and smiled so warmly. One could just read the future’s joy through the reflection of her glowing eyes. Looking back, my memories saddened my countenance and washed away all words I knew about love. I stood like a statue as she looked straight to my eyes; I think she read me too well.

“Hi”, she called with a broad smile revealing the beauty in her teeth.
“Hi”, I answered back rather awkwardly I was confused. I could not figure out why such a beauty can talk to hard kicked boy like I was. The star of courage awakened me from the day’s slumber and opened my mouth to speak.

“It has been a long time Carlos“she said," You play guitar?” she continued while pointing at the guitar on my back.
“Oh! I am learning how to, but can play a few chords.” I answered truthfully. “Can I play for you a little?” I requested then went ahead.
.......... You are beautiful mama told me
I should take you home
On a horse's back
the way you look at me
the way smile back
tells me, girl, should love you....."
Eden's images came into my mind love’s warmth filled me and I forgot all my miseries.
"That's so sweet! You play so well. Is that a song you've written." She commented
"Thank you. I did it for you.I've missed you Lilly." I spoke shyly." The U. S of A must have been a great place."



I had a long chat with Lilly as my eyes often time stole glances at the beauty she possessed I felt like heaven was right where we were.




We walked hand in had as our images disappeared in the dark. It was not blinding dark as the moon shone sweetly with the harmony of bright stars, it displayed an awesome beauty. The cider leaves whistled softly as if to rejoice in the beauty of the two friends walking under their cover. I knew this was the greatest moment which would mark an end to the inward battles of my heart. In spite of our tribal differences,
political stands of our tribesmen, Lilly and I had had built a strong trust for each other and a great love.

I walked ahead of her right at the middle of Log Bridge whichran across the river whuch marked as land boundary between our tribe’s ridge and their plains. The river water was in rush as it had flooded following the previous season’s rains. Crickets added to the beauty of the music, same with night watch dogs’ barking. I reached to her hand with my right hand. I was breathing like one who was just about to commit a crime for their first time. Confused and scared she could not say anything for she thought that the worst might follow. I comforted her as I kissed her hand.

"Lilly, look around. see the contrasting beauty between gray and black, the splendour the moon light displays to night. though my life is as gray as to night, the truth is I you colour my world and there is great hope for our future. I......I.....I........lo...."

"Shhhhh. I know and understand you very well but I want to say it first. Carlos I love you."





© Copyright 2009 charlie (charlesk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1538016-My-lifes-colour