*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1538319-Mission-statement
by vantha
Rated: E · Other · Writing · #1538319
A little bit of honesty. From me..... to you.
Why do I write?

         I write to improve myself. I write to find myself. I write to remember what I have done and what I want to do. I write, because this is the only thing that separates me from animals. But most of all, I write because its fun. To be able to put into pen and paper a new world that sprung from your own imagination, that is a wondrous accomplishment! I guess this is my mission statement.

What does writing mean to me?

         My belief is that writing is a creative process, and like most creative processes, its unique to every individual. People express themselves in different ways; it makes everyone original. In high school, teachers constantly proofread and edit papers. They check for grammar and spelling, but to me, that seems to be missing the point. I understand the necessity of grammar and spelling, but what about the content itself? I don't like formality in my writing because it becomes awkward. I think that if you can understand my speech then you should have no problem understanding my writing.

Who is the audience and what is their role?
         
         The audience is very important, without them the words simply fall upon deaf ears. I think its also important for the audience to speak up about what they see and hear. If the audience becomes passive then no improvement can be made in my writing. It's a shame to take so much time in reading something only to walk away without responding. A response, whether good or bad is a welcomed response. I would appreciate positive criticism and none of the flaming.

Who am I?

         This is a bit harder and I will try to tell you more about me as time progresses. I believe people continue to change throughout their lives. I love rock and roll music, my mixture is a bit of rock and roll and the classical variety. I love art, but I hate pop art. I am honest to the point of being brutally honest. This facet of my character I would like to change. I am spiritual but not religious. I love Japanese manga and anime. I read comic books as a kid and I continue to draw them in my personal time. I am a hopeless romantic, yet I am very shy around women. Well, I think this is a good stopping point when I can think of more I will be sure to add them.
         I am going to write my first story then I will post it as soon as possible. Until then wish me luck.
© Copyright 2009 vantha (vantha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1538319-Mission-statement