*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1538321-The-Girl-of-My-Dreams
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Other · #1538321
Being out of touch with reality can be pretty scary sometimes.
    I closed my eyes and I watched it.  Because only in my dreams do dreams come true.  We meet at the same place every night, and her love is timeless. Every morning before I leave, she pleads with me to stay.  She says that waiting for me everyday is like torture, and she can not rest until I rest.  When I return to reality my eyes are "wide shut".  I'm awake, but I'm dreaming about her smile that only shines in the late night.  She's trapped in a dream and there is only one way that I can visit her.



    I didn't have to work today, so we laughed and talked for hours.  Time was running thin because the world was calling.  She is so accustomed to my routine that she prepares herself for my departure.  I open my eyes and she's gone.  For years we have put our heads together, trying to figure out ways to make our dream a reality, but there is no resolve for our dilemma.  I took a short nap and spent a little time with her.  She was so surprised that I had stopped by, even though I had to go back to work.



    I was up all night and she began to worry.  Reality had a firm grip and he was trying to make his point clear.  It was time to let me know that his world was the only world that mattered.  Insomnia is the harshest thing God can do to a man.  Reality allows no escape routes and no alternate endings.  Soon she will get tired of waiting, and I will get tired of trying.  I now know what it means to be restless, and it's a horrible thing. Without rest life is a non stop act that we can never pull the curtains on.



    The doctor said the pills would help me sleep better.  He told me to take two of them prior to my bed time and I followed his instructions.  The medication worked and I went straight to our designated spot, but she wasn't there.  I waited for hours, then finally I went home and cried.  I took some more pills, but this time I doubled the dosage so I could wait longer.  I went back to the spot and waited for a few more hours, but she never showed.  It was at this point that I decided to wait forever.  I went back home and took the rest of the pills, and now I sit at the designated spot all day long.















© Copyright 2009 Plair Hamm (josephplair at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1538321-The-Girl-of-My-Dreams