*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1538327-Band-of--Brothers
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1538327
A prayer writen for a group of vets going through radiation treatments for cancer.
From the four points of the compass we come. A small band gathered to fight a common enemy, cancer. An enemy we cannot see; an enemy entrenched deep within us, making our bodies the battle field. Doctors and medical techs lead the assault using powerful weapons that we only partly understand.



I pray each day for this band of brothers, I ask that the Lord will heal them and that he will give our love ones the strength to stand with us as our battle unfolds. Each day I thank the lord for these men. Men, who are quick to pray for a brother when he is suffering or he is down. Men, who can somehow fill the room with laughter.



This laughter is a critical weapon in our battle. A weapon that is as powerful as any of the drugs, or radiation treatments which we endure daily. And each day I thank God for these men who inspire me and give me the strength to focus on defeating the enemy.



Jerry



Lord I come to you an aging and infirm warrior and I believe that you have a special place in your heart for warriors. As I look back on my life I see that you were there at each twist and turn even in times when I had turned my back to you or I was too busy to acknowledge you.



As I take a knee at your feet, I lift up this small band of your warriors and ask for your divine healing. I know that you are the ultimate healer and that all things are possible to you. My plea is that your touch will remove their illness and return them to health.



Lord I know that some of these men have experiences from war which still haunt them. Father I pray that you will bring these men healing of their spirit and fill them with peace so that they can fully enjoy the time that they have.



Lord I find myself at peace and filled with joy as I enjoy each day. Whatever is your will I feel that it is win-win for me. Either I am returned to health or you will take me home. But Father I pray for my loved ones and those of these men that they will be filled with peace and strength as they stand by us through this time.



I know that none of us knows the number of days we are allotted. All we have is today, and Father I pray for the strength to live this day in a way that is pleasing to you.



I submit this prayer to you through your beloved son and our savior Jesus.



Amen.



© Copyright 2009 dragonmaster (jomckeand at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1538327-Band-of--Brothers