*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1538443-Hell-has-no-Wrath-
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Dark · #1538443
A wife gets gets revenge on an unfaithful husband. (Flash Fiction)
Written for the Daily Flash Fiction Challenge with a word limit of 300.

The prompts: Story must be contain a doll, scissors and a pair of socks.

Hell Has No Wrath ...

In the dim light of the small lamp, Deana held a pair scissors in one hand and what appeared to be a raggedy doll in the other. On her lap was a book of undeterminable age other than the fact it was obviously very, very old. A randomly placed bookmark said “Thanks for shopping at the Wizards Book Shelf.”

She had been a very busy girl tonight, this Deana. Her sewing table was littered with special ingredients. There was a bundle of steel wool sparkling brightly in a cup holding a burning candle. Several spices, some hard to find, had been ground together into a fine powder that was now brewing in a pot of water on the oven. The smell was somehow rotten and sweet at the same time. Other items such as tape, lipstick and a toaster all waited patiently for their turn in the dark ritual.

The curtains to the front window were closed, shutting out the streetlamp that was trying in vain to push back the darkness of a moonless night.

Yes, she had been a busy girl … and the night was still young.

The next morning, across town at the Thrift Inn, a detective scratched his head as he attempted to brief his boss on the grisley scene in one of the rooms.

“It’s the strangest case I have ever seen Chief. We got a call from that girl over there who claims to be this guy’s mistress. She said she woke up this morning and he was like this. There is no weapon and no one else heard anything.”

The Chief glanced at the mangled body. The victim was only wearing a pair of socks with the bottoms burned out of them.

Across town, Deana slept. It had been a long night.

Word count 299


© Copyright 2009 Hyperiongate (hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1538443-Hell-has-no-Wrath-