*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1539117-What-Is-Loneliness
Rated: E · Prose · Personal · #1539117
Mulling over a word's definition

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

WHAT IS LONELINESS?


Not a decision freely made by some bored masochist on a Thursday afternoon power-walk- it is instead a sentence. Solitary confinement some whose sole crime was dare to love someone or something more than themselves.

A defining point amidst the complicated definition of love, no?
It is a emotionally destructive party that never wants to end. It kills as it lives. Seemingly feeding forever and ever; long after all other feelings die of starvation.
It is a cancer that sometimes gets contracted by just a simple smile.

It has no cure other than to run its course.
The only remedy is to pray this strain isn’t the resistant kind, and endure.
It is consuming, it is tangible for those who can feel, and worst of all it is a gift bestowed to us!

Along with all the other emotional baggage inherent in our Creator.
After all we are in His ‘image’.
Not likeness folks- big difference.
Image can mean structure, embodiment, substance as well as appearance.
So don’t limit your wisdom to think otherwise.

Loneliness I believe is the ultimate damnation.
The purgatory from which there will be no rapture.
No savior or messiah to rescue you from.

Or at least that’s how it feels. The eternal damnation destined for those out of His favor to suffer; does it have to be burning in a lake of fire?
Wouldn’t being absent from love be the ultimate form of punishment?

Denied that which life values most of all LOVE?
When you don’t feel loved, it isn’t always a choice.

Sometimes you’re not loved, not hated, not anything.
As simple as that- you are nothing.
Just a human being wanting something from someone not wanting you for anything.
That my friend is not a choice.
Sometimes it is simply a reality




© Copyright 2009 SaintLee (lostaschmoo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1539117-What-Is-Loneliness