*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1539437-What-Music-Leona-Lewis
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1539437
An article on the the subject of the musician Leona Lewis and he album Spirit.
Leona lewis is the latest artist to find fame on shows like the X factor.With a voice strikingly similar to that of Mariah Carey or perhaps even a young Whitney Houston.





Born on the 3rd of April 1985 in Islington, London. Her natural talent lends itself to many different styles of music including alternative, pop, soul and R an B . After graduating from the British school for performing arts and technology.While working as a receptionist and pizza waitress and writing her own material,She decided to audition for the hit talent show the X factor, she won a place.During which time her talent caught the attention of one judge in particular the shows creator Simon Cowell. Lewis' voice was consistently highly praised by all three judges. The winner's single, a cover of Kelly Clarkson single "A Moment like This"was released . On Christmas eve the single was crowned the 2006 UK Christmas number-one, having sold 571,253 copies, beating "patience" the single from newly reformed group Take That, and outselling the rest of the Top 40's sales combined. Her debut album.With strong, emotional lyrics,which speak to the many different sides of love Spirit, is a stunning mix of pure innocence with an underlining threat,Along with edgy beats.A piece of music that showcases her roots in many different styles This combines to produce a breathtaking album.It was released on 12 November 2007 in the United Kingdom, where it entered the UK Albums Chart at number one, and was also the UK's fastest selling debut album, and the fourth fastest selling album of all time.The album was released in several other nations in January 2008, and went to number one in New Zealand, Australia, Austria, Germany, South Africa and Switzerland.Spirit was released in the United States on 8 April 2008, and entered the Billboard 200 at number one. In February 2008, Lewis broke the major American charts as "Bleeding Love" entered the Billboard Hot 100 at number 84 It peaked at number one for at least four non-consecutive weeks in three separate runs beginning on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart dated 5 April 2008. "Bleeding Love" became the first track by a UK female to hit number one since Kim Wilde in 1987. The single was produced and co written by One Republics Ryan Tedder alongside Jesse Mccartney Lewis' third single, featuring "Better in Time" and "Footprints in the Sand", was released in the United Kingdom in March 2008, in aid of Sport Relief,she visited South Africa for the charity. The songs reached a peak of number 2 in the UK singles chart .It has been claimed that she plans a 15 million dollar world tour in 2010.As well as the release of a second album in 2009.Lewis has been a committed vegetarian since she was 12. She lives with her boyfriend an electrician, who she has known since the age of ten.She has won newcomer of the year as well as being nominated at the 2008 Brit awards for best British album.If you are not convinced by "hype" than just listen to the music, songs like "Take a bow", "The best you never had" and "yesterday" will demonstrate why everybody utters her name in the same breath as icons such as Celine Dion and Mary j. Blige.
© Copyright 2009 Melissa Parker (bronte2009 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1539437-What-Music-Leona-Lewis