*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1539849-Not-known-yet
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Young Adult · #1539849
A novel in progress, not done with the chapter but will continue when have more ideas.
The well known pain shot through his body, taking control of his mind and his actions. Taking his will and shattering it. Allowing his instincts to take over. Making him pounce and suck the warmth out of her veins.

Dylan sat up in bed, screaming with terror. Allowing all her fear to escape from her trembling lips, her eyes bulged, her cheeks red, sweat beading her forehead. When she ran out of breath, she glanced around her, recalling her dream. Remembering the pain in the girls pupils and the strength of the young man holding her in his clutches. She raised her hand to her head wiping the hair plastered to her forehead. Regaining her composure, she clapped twice, willing her light to illuminate her room. She threw her legs over her futon mattress, her feet fumbling for her black furred cat slippers. She stood and made her way to her door, slowly opening it and peeking out into the black hallway. She saw nothing. She heard nothing. She walked out the door careful not to trip or make a disturbing noise that would awaken the other fast asleep members in her 3 bedroom townhouse. She tiptoed her way down their white carpeted staircase to the wood floored kitchen, where she believed she would be safe from having to tiptoe any longer, and could stow away to chow down on the strawberry ice cream hidden behind the veggies. However she was surprised as she turned the last corner to the kitchen, as she caught sight of a figure slumped in one of their many spiny chairs, sucking on a spoon, a ice cream tub in front of them. As she crept closer, she recognized mittens, the other female of the house. Wordlessly she grabbed a spoon a slid into the seat next to her.
"Could you not get to sleep either?" Dylan asked finally.
"Nope," She replied, not seeming the least bit surprised by the interruption.
They sat in silence once again, every once in awhile one of them sticking their giant spoons into the tub, getting a huge spoonful of ice cream. Licking it till it was gone and starting over. The only sound in the house was the soft slurping of the ice cream and the creaking and moaning of the building, that seemed to make the wood structure even creepier at night. After a little bit they heard the soft pitter patter of footsteps, and both lifted their heads to see Eli the last member of the townhouse, and the only male. He hadn't looked up to see them, and was continuing his attempt to tiptoe. His head finally lifted when he was inches from Dylan's chair.
"Ahh!" He yelled, his screams echoing through the townhouse.
Mittens and Dylan burst out laughing, both tumbling off of their chairs onto the hard wood floor, and grabbing their sides in pain. Tears were welling in their eyes from laughing so much. Eli stood above them his mouth hanging open, his body stiff.
" Thanks for the warning, guys," Eli whispered.
Rising to her feet, Dylan said, " Why are you still whispering?"
" Sorry, forgot we were all down here," he said.
" Ya, rere," Mittens laughed.
" Well, excuse me," Eli said, exaggerating every word.
Settling down into seats, they all picked up a spoon, and passed around the tub. Silence once again filling the house.
© Copyright 2009 sccrwriter03 (samsoccer03 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1539849-Not-known-yet