*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1539893-Wordplay
Rated: · Other · Other · #1539893
A poem about a meeting of two very different people.
They:
He watched her watch him, and he wonders if she knows what she’s watching.
She’s examining the extent of a man extended into extinction of the mind.
She completes her thoughts on how incomplete her knowledge of him is.
She interrogatively inspects her mind to find an insufficient amount of courage.
His understanding of the situation, an understatement of his previous understandings.
His self-esteem is succeeding, as he suspends his body into her current surroundings.
They met.

She:
Not only is he not a charmer, but his characteristics repel the very definition of compatibility.
He seemly seems to only be seen within his own seams: stuck inside his insides.
He presents himself as a preview of his past: previous pre-sets of his past mistakes that were preventable.
His eager eyes trying to eavesdrop on the events within the world that has left him in yesterdays eve: the elapse of time.
Mind made up of the man with the permanent methods of mediocrity: unworthy.

He:
Snobbish scars seen on her slanted smile: no sense for nonsense.
Displays a disappearance of humorous dexterity: her humor left at home; none left in her heart.
Failing to find the faults of her own personality: a fiend for finding the worlds faults.
She masks her meaningless thoughts of a meager mind: continuous concrete messages of cold-heartlessness.
Wishes of a woman of wonder, but without the willingness to wind-down common decency: un-natural.

.
Personalities collapse: Remaining cadavers filled with emptiness.


They:
Not being able to stand the sight of the insane sequences of senseless conversations
Their true characteristics come to a complete and consequent conclusion: .
They part ways.

Final Thoughts – He:
I could have loved that woman: if her snobbish choosing of men left her without a man to choose.
If her sense of humor wasn't full of sense but full of silly nonsense: I could have loved that woman.

Final Thoughts – She:
I could have loved that man: if his slobby appearance and sloppy add-ins to the conversation weren't’t concretely corrupt with contempt.
If his sense of worth wasn't’t full of weakness: I could have loved that man.

Retreat:
The hard covering of the ground repels their soft soles.
They feel none.
Going through the gust of winds in the gaudy city streets.
They see none.
Repeat the conversations within their heads, analyzing the mistakes and missteps.
They regret all.
© Copyright 2009 Ashleigh (ashleighdk2011 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1539893-Wordplay