*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1540604-Lagoon
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #1540604
A story about an experience at a theme park.
         Today is your 8th grade trip to the amusement park Lagoon. You go to a private school and you are standing in one of the lines talking with some friends. So far the day has been great. It is right before lunch and you and two of your best friends are standing in line for “The Samurai.”  On this ride you sit down and get spun around.  You are very excited because you have never been on it.  The line is backed up all the way to another ride “The Catapult.” This is a hundred feet or so.  You and your friends are talking about the day so far and the boy that is standing behind you joins in your conversation.  At first, because you don’t want it to ruin the day, you let him join.

         Slowly, you make your way up the line, watching the ride each time.  You finally get up to the gate, after what seems like hours. You are now about fifty people from the head of the line.  The ride operator calls back, asking for people to fill up the ride, “Group of three!”  You feel excitement form inside of you because you finally get to go on the ride and you get to skip fifty people. You and your friends, because there are three of you, make your way to the start of the queue.  When you arrive at the beginning the operator notices that there are four of you.  He mentions this like you are a complete idiot and you, out of instinct, turn around.  You notice that your new “friend” has tagged along.  Not wanting to wait any longer, the operator tells three of you to go and the other to wait for the next ride.  Trying to be sensible, you reason that you and your friends would go and the other kid would wait.  You think this would be the logical thing because He wasn’t part of your group.  But apparently you thought wrong because He follows your friends up the ramp.  Being put in this awkward situation, at the spur of the moment, you decided not make it worse and to wait for the next ride.

         When their ride ended you finally get to walk up the ramp and go on the ride.  Following the ride you walk to the exit and to your dismay He is standing with your friends.  As you walk away you start to talk about which ride you should go on next.  He offers his advice and suddenly you conveniently remember that your school’s lunch is right now.  You and your friends stop walking and turn around to tell Him.  You explain that you go to a private school and that He can’t eat with you.  He asks “Why?” and, without thinking you quickly reply, “Mmmm…Because it’s a rule.”  You feel like you are somebody in a movie and you are being asked to do something that you really don’t want to do so you say something completely random. And they buy it.  After you say it you realize that it didn’t make any sense.  He says, “Ok.” When you start to walk away in freedom He asks, “Where can I meet you after lunch?”  With full intent of not being there you respond, “The Rocket.” 

         At lunch you tell all of your school friends about your stalker and complain about how annoying He was. Apparently this jinxed you because after you finish lunch you go to “The Bat.”  In this ride you are hanging from the track and you fly around in spirals.  While standing in line, to your horror, your stalker walks by and notices you. He stops.  It appears that he is going to wait for you.  You don’t enjoy the ride as much as you should because you can’t stop dreading having to go through the rest of the day with Him.  After the ride ends you make your way to the exit.  He thankfully has left and you finish the day with out seeing Him again.

© Copyright 2009 Danniel (danjanssen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1540604-Lagoon