*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1540985-Unbelievable-Love
by Sam
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1540985
A young girl learns that love can be real, and its not something to be afraid of.
When will he ever notice me, do i have a peice of paper caught on my forehead? Is it that noticable? I want to be noticable. Only for him, the boy of my dreams. Since fourth grade he has been on my mind, and has never left. I dont know what it is about him, honestly, that makes me so attracted to him. Maybe its becuase he is the basketball all-star, and is like a magnet to all the popular girls. Cant you see im not one of those girls? I want to be. He has talked to me maybe three times since fourth grade to now, and were in 8th grade. Im just not cool enough to be in " the crowd" of popular kids.
Its Friday today, and every Friday Stacey and I go to the movies. Stacey is my girly-girl friend. My best friend since kindergarten. She has had a boyfriend before, but only lasted 4 days, due to the fact that he only got her a tootsie-pop for her birthday. She was in 5th grade, but still the boy should have got her something better then pulling a piece of candy out of his pocket. We generally go to the love and romance movies. Only because we cant get love or romance in our lives. We enjoy dreaming. We always sit in the front row more to the left, which is fartherest away from the door. We hate when boys from our grade come in our movie. I get embarressed. Well today Stacey and I saw the new movie called " Wait for Me." Its a sad love movie. As we exit the theatre i see him. Stacey looks at me and laughs, and tells me to stop blushing. I try but i feel normal, but she says i look like i just put red paint on my face. Stacey likes Ryan's best friend. His name is Kenny. Another boy from Ryan's basketball team. Just to let you know, Ryan is my soon to be guy. I see Kenny and Ryan walk over to Stacey and I, and they ask us if we have an extra dollar. I robotically say yes, i have a dollar. That counts as another time i talked to Ryan, i now have four talks. Without even checking if i had a dollar i said yes? What if i didnt have one! I would let him down! I need a dollar. As i search my purse, i notice Ryan staring at me. Oh my gosh, he is looking at me. I wonder what he is thinking. Probably wanting me to find that dollar i said i had. I found four quarters. I hand it to Ryan as he slowly pulled his hand away from mine. I touched his hand. He said thank you, and then asked me something, but i wasnt even paying attention. Stacey nudges me, " What was that?" Ryan had asked me if i still had that basketball court me and him would play on when we were kids. I told him i still had it. Then he said we should shoot sometime together. He said together, which means me and him shooting together! Does he know he just made my day?
The sun is dazzling, and its hot outside. I want to go on a walk, or go and swim or something. I should call Ryan. Its a good day to play some basketball. Although i dont even know how to grip a ball. Good, he can teach me. I wanna call him, but then i dont. He will know i like him. I should wait for him to call, if he ever does. I sit by the phone for maybe an hour or so until it rings. I answer it like im waiting for some important lottery call. Its Ryan, and he wanted to know if i wanted to come over to his pool party today. I dont think my heart is beating. He made my heart skip a beat or two. I told him yeah, sure i will come. What time? He said to come at three o' clock. I'll be there at two fifty. So he knows i wanna be there. Well i wanna be there for him. I am leaving my house, and im riding with Stacey she was invited to. Why were we invited? Because i lended him a dollar? I hope not. I get to the house, and the first person i see is Trisha. I really dont like her. Want to know why? She likes Ryan, but he doesnt like her. I know he doesnt. He talks about her all the time in a bad way. Says she is so fake and annoying. Im not fake and annoying. I had to wear my cool swimsuit. Its blue with yellow hawaii flowers all over it. Me and Stacey jumped in the pool, and then Ryan and Kenny jumped in after. This is gonna be a fun party. Kenny splashed me. Why not Ryan? I splashed Kenny back, and got him in the eye. Sorry Kenny. I see Ryan Swiming alone in the corner of the pool. I paddle my way over there, and splah him. Soon enough were having a water fight. That was my plan. I see Ryan smile, and i think he likes me. He is blushing. I blushed when i liked him. Maybe he likes me too. In my dreams.
The pool party is supposed to end in about an hour. Everyone is just relaxing and laughing and having fun. Stacey is laying on a chair, braiding her long blonde hair. Then i see Ryan, alone again! Why is he always alone! Its his party, girls should be surrounding him. He is shooting baskets in his driveway. I decide to go over there. I dont know why. He shoots and misses. I grab his rebound. He looks and smiles, again. He smiles at me a lot. I think thats a good thing. " Did you have fun swiming?" he asks me. " Yeah it was fun." i say loudly. Why am i talking loud, he is right next to me! I shoot the ball, and it doesn' even hit the hoop. How embaressing. He gets the ball, i feel so bad. " Want me to teach you how to shoot, i bet you could make a basket." he asks me. "Oh sure, I might suck though." i say in a funny way. " Don't worry, we all suck at some point in life." he says. Whats that supposed to mean! Dear lord. He tells me to hold the ball at the bottom, and have your left hand on the side. I didnt what i was doing. He all the sudden grabs my hand gently and moves my right hand up. " There, now shoot the ball!" he laughs. I shoot it, and it went through the net! He taught me how to make a basketball go in the hoop! So does this mean were now boyfriend and girlfriend? I hope so. He then sits on the driveway and bounces the ball. I sit next to him. He looks at me again, and smiles. I now love when he smiles. " You know..." he says quietly. I wonder what he is trying to say." Yeah?" I say bacl. " You seem different then other girls, in a good way though. Its like you know me or something, and you know how i feel for some reason." he says to me. What is he saying? " Ohh yeah, im kinda different. I dont know you that well i guess." i say in a confused way. " What im trying to say Bailey, is..." he says. Oh my gosh. " I think i like you." he blurts out. I think im dead, am i in heaven? He said he thinks he likes me." Well i kinda like you too." i say. Without even thinking. I smiled at him. I want him to know how good he is making me feel right now. I have been waiting for this moment for years, and now its coming true. Its like he reads my mind. Kind of freaky. All the sudden he leans in and gives me a kiss on my right cheek. I dont want to take a shower. " Ohhh, well do you want to hed back to the pool area now?" he asks me. " Yeah sure, and Ryan..." i just smile at him in a cute kind of way. Like the kind you see in the movies. We hed back to the pool area, and its time for me to go home. Ryan came up to me a minute later and asked if i wanted to be his girlfriend. I told him of course. I cant beleive this is happening. Love can come true, and love isnt something to be scared of, and i think love can actually make you the happiest thirteen year old girl on earth.
© Copyright 2009 Sam (samsstories at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1540985-Unbelievable-Love