*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1542347-Pick-The-Stick
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1542347
A sad little girl with no friends meets a magic stick.
Once there was a very sad little girl. Her name was Audrey. Audrey would go to the park every day to feed her only friends, the birds.
One day, Audrey thought she saw a piece of wood move. Just how can a piece of wood move by itself?
Audrey went over to the wood to get a closer look. While she was bending down looking, a very odd thing happened.

The wood said "What are you looking at"?

"How can you talk'? Audrey replied.

"What do you mean, how can I talk? You talk don't you"? said the wood.

"Yes" Audrey answered, "But I am a person and you are part of a tree".

He folded his stick arms across his chest and said, "A tree! A tree! I'm not a tree! I'm magic!"

"Is your name Magic"?

"No silly," he said, "My name is Pick." Pick made a funny face at Audrey. Audrey did not know how Pick could make a funny face, because he was made out of bark. He had leaves growing from his elbows and knees. He even had leaves for hair. Pick was only as big as a minute.

Pick said "Want to race me to the tree"? "Ok". Audrey did not even see Pick anywhere. He was already at the tree.

"How did you get here so fast?", Audrey asked.

"I told you silly, I'm magic" he told her

"I know that now, and your the silly one", Audrey said.

They spent all their time together. When it was time to go. Audrey wanted Pick to come with her.

But Pick said "I cannot if I leave the park I will die. I will be here each and every day waiting for you to come and play".

By and by, Audrey would go to the park to laugh and play with Pick. They had so much fun together, that Audrey was never sad again.
© Copyright 2009 Chauncy Gardener (chauncy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1542347-Pick-The-Stick