*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1542792-Black-Candy
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #1542792
Dahlia and Maxillion are are destined for each other, but his Uncle wants him dead.
Chapter 1

Maxillion sat quietly in his golden court chair listening to the blathers of his his elders on local and regional problems. He was the youngest King to rule ever on his planet, gaining his leadership around twelve years of age. Though eighteen now, Maxillion still had his responsibilities restricted, the elders clucking at him to wed to become a full king.. Maxillion had tried of course to find a wife, but none of the princess's of other kingdoms or noble daughters interested him or were just too stupid for his companionship. He was a scientist in his spare time and didn't need a blonde haired flossy looking to bed him and then just spend his and his tax payers money on useless baubles. No, he wanted a girl he could love and hold and together bear the sons and daughters of their dreams. The urge for heirs was a great motivator, but couldn't help him find the woman of his dreams.

He did have a girl in mind. She was his mothers attendants only daughter and his playmate when he was younger. He last saw her at his mothers funeral after a bomb took both his and her mother at once. He was six and she was four. It took his father another six years to die of heartbreak and he had hoped to see her at his fathers funeral. But his brief glances at her during her stay in the castle could not help him separate her from the rest of the girls attending.

She had dropped off his radar and into the the city...

Where he was restricted to go...

“Your Majesty!” An Elder croaked at him angrily. Maxillion turned to him in extreme boredom and slight anger at interrupting his thoughts. “Pay attention! We are talking about the Meercats latest attack.”

“What? Did Uncle release a new product?” Maxillion questioned knowing full well what the local thieving gang was trying to protest, his uncle.

“Yes, but it gives them no right to steal, its causing the economy to lose money.” Another of the seven old crones croaked at him.

“They are just making sure my uncle has no power.” Maxillion snapped, “That man is believed to have killed my mother and help murder our allies King and Queen. They hurt no one else, leave them be!”

“Maxillion, he is your uncle! You must not suspect him so!” the lead Elder protested.

“I don't care old man... When I find evidence that he is innocent will I start to stop the Meercats attacks on his products and goods. Until then my uncle's profit can suffer.” Maxillion coldly pushed aside, “What else are you wasting time with?”

“We wanted to know how your search for a wife is going.” the head Elder asked looking very peeved at Maxillion's reaction to his own uncle's pain.

Maxillion sighed, “I have a person in mind... All you need to do is let me-”

“No!” The Elders scream at him, “We will not let you down into the populace.”

“Why not? I am an adult! Just give me two months and several guards to protect me. If I do not find the girl by then I'll marry one of the princess's from another area.” Maxillion compromised.

“Where do you plan to go?” One cautiously asked getting a glare from his neighbors.

“The high schools... She's two years younger than me.” Maxillion responded lowly.

“You still don't mean that wenches daughter?” The Elders glared.

“Yes, the attendants daughter... No one can seem to remember her name and I'm sure she'll look like her mother enough for me to recognize.” Maxillion pushed looking as if he was getting upset. He really wanted her!

The Elders erupted into whispers as they talked amongst themselves to get to a decision. Maxillion sipped at his tea nervously hoping this time they would give in to his pleadings and let him leave for a little bit. He sat down his cup and turned his attention to the old men in front of him.

“We have decided we'll let you go...” the Lead Elder granted after all his neighbors were seated. “Only because we need you to be married and have a line of heirs as soon as possible.”

Maxillion jumped up in excitement, but was silenced by an old, bony hand. “There are terms of course. You will always be watched by guards and you'll be checking in morning and night.” Maxillion nodded excitedly and started towards the door. The Elders stopped him again. “By the way, we've decided on giving you a clue on who that girl is...”

“Yes?” Maxillion asks slowing his turning of the door handle.

“Her first name is Dahlia.”

“Dahlia? As in the Flower?” Maxillion questions further. The Elder dips his head as a yes. “Thank you! I'll be back soon with my wife.” With another nod, he ran off to gather his guards.
© Copyright 2009 Kasashi Maru (kasashimaru at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1542792-Black-Candy