*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1543014-Withered-Hearts
by HayBay
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1543014
This is a crossover between my story and my friend's both about supernatural creatures.
Withering Hearts
Chapter 1
Moonlight streamed through the broken glass across the room. The windowpane was covered in dust and chipped white paint. Outside, the trees were bare, shadowy figures against the black sky. A bird flew across the moon, its wings outstretched, splaying the moonlight. Blood ran down my chin, dripping softly on the dirty wooden floor. Something stirred in the distance; someone else was in the mansion.

“I’m back. Are you ok?” Kiki’s scent filled my overly sensitive nostrils. Weakness weighed my limbs as I turned slowly to see her walk into the room with blood on her hands. I laughed at her concerned expression. She tilted her head to the side and stared at me darkly.

“I’m…fine…just…thirsty.” I whispered slowly, my words slurring together. Aaron came over to us from behind the door. He’d been leaning on the wall, waiting for Kiki to return. He knelt next to me, his hand on mine. He moved his chin to my shoulder, his lips beside my ear.
“I’m sorry for draining you.” He pulled back as Kiki held her wrist out for me. I snorted weakly, turning my head away from her outstretched arm. My tastes may have seemed snobby but it was more an OCD thing.

“You know I don’t drink from wrists, but I don’t want to drink from your neck. Can you over-feed Aaron? I’m sorry. Then you can go feed again. You know you’re…my bestie.” I laughed again, my body gradually weakening. She moved her wrist to Aaron without responding. He nodded at me before sinking his short fangs into her wrist. My fangs jutted out of my mouth, hanging over my lips, lengthened by hunger. Jealousy overcame me and my fangs grew to my chin. “Aaron?” I begged.

He looked at me out of the corner of his eye, still sucking her blood. The corners of his lips turned upward and he released her. The tiny holes in her arm that would bleed until they killed a human, healed over quickly and with ease. Kiki bent over her arm with her right hand over the holes before disappearing in a blur into the night forest. Aaron moved to me, the strength visible in his stride.

“Sorry, I got carried away. I love the feeling of being over fed.” He moved his short, spiky black hair aside so I had a clear view of his neck. “Thanks for saving me by the way. What happened to that guy?”
“I had a responsibility to save you after I stole your blood for the strength I would need to take down that guy with the Magick. It was either that or I drain myself down to nothing and still have not enough strength to get you to safety. I’m sorry for draining you so much. Tell me when you begin to get weak.” I sunk my fangs into the hollow of his neck. He whimpered after I had drank for a few seconds. I let go and his skin visibly healed. I pushed my lips onto the small scars that were remaining on his neck. “I’m sorry.” I stood up, and Aaron sat down in my spot. “Will you be alright?”

He nodded and motioned to respond but not before a pale hand landed on my shoulder hurtling me backward. My shoulders smashed into the wall, my marble hard skin crumbling it. I landed hard on the grass outside the mansion. I felt a dint in the ground from where I had landed. I had been thrown so fast I hadn’t even seen Akio’s face to tell if he was alright or not. A dark figure hurtled from the second story over me, landing beside the fountain.

I got up slowly, pushing my body away from the ground. Having just fed, I was plenty strong enough. “I don’t know who you are but you don’t want to mess with me.” The girl came into view under the moonlight. She had long auburn hair and a large fox stood beside her. I slouched, holding my left arm. It had been tattered—completely torn apart. The skin separated just below my elbow and the bone shone in the moonlight, just barely whiter than my skin.

The girl grinned, a wicked smile that spread across her face. I smiled a returning smile, knowing what would happen next. The skin on my left arm reattached, some of it being remade as it recreated my arm. Her smile turned quickly to a frown. She crouched and the fox growled low in its throat—a fierce animal growl. The fox jumped back and forth next to her. The girl put her hand down towards it and its jumpy movements stopped.

The girl jumped through the air, a sword gleaming in her hand. I jumped out of the way and she landed where I’d been standing. Another girl jumped down from the hole in the wall. She had long purple hair and pointed ears and fangs. I inhaled slowly. The girl with the auburn hair had the scent of fox on her but I couldn’t nail a scent off the other one. I jumped over the two of them, swiping very low, just over the purple haired girl’s head. I smelled a mix breed—partially vampire.

“He’s still alive.” She said quietly, probably expecting me not to hear. “Work fast. The rest of the gang are waiting at the train station. They don’t know we’re working. Remember?” The purple-haired girl looked at me with vibrant topaz eyes—glee-filled. They were circling me by now, the fox behind me and the two girls in front of me. The auburn-haired girl jumped at me again, her sword held out, barely missing my reborn arm.

“I don’t want to hurt you. Leave, now.” I growled dangerously in my throat. I held my right hand out towards her. A spiral of blue came from my fingers. The girl’s eyes went wild with alarm. She attempted to jump out of the Magick’s way, but was not quick enough. The spiral hit her squarely in the chest. She hurtled backwards, landing next to the shocked purple-haired girl. The auburn-haired girl lay there, obviously in pain. It was obvious the Magick had taken a crude blow to her innards when she coughed up blood. It stained her lips and chin.

The other girl, her long purple hair the color of lavenders, jumped towards me, claws outstretched. “Oh, please, mix breed.” Her face shifted, shame coloring her brow before she was directly above me. I held my hands towards her, above my head, palms up. Another blue spiral raced towards her, hitting her too in the stomach. She fell to the ground clasping her wounded belly. “Aaron?” I asked, begging him to come help me.

He appeared at the hole in the wall, completely unharmed. He jumped down and landed fluidly next to me. “Who are they; followers of Namo?” He picked up the purple-haired girl, cradling her gently. A pang of jealousy roused me but I pushed it aside, scooping up the auburn-haired girl. We jumped back up through the hole, landing in the empty, spare room.

Aaron went ahead into the hallway headed for the extra bedroom. I put the other girls legs onto the ground, holding her up with one arm, my other hand outstretched toward the broken wall. Tiny blue appendages stretched from my fingertips, retrieving the pieces of the wall and pulling them together as one again.

I pulled the girls legs into my arms again and followed after Aaron. When I arrived in the bedroom, he and Kiki were already there. I put the girl I was carrying into the queen sized bed with her friend. “The fox ran.” I said, splitting the silence. I nodded at Kiki—silence was key. The fox could not retrieve help. Kiki took off after it, releasing her more animal side.

I held out my hand at the ready, as the two girls stirred. The auburn-haired girls’ first move was to reach for the weapon she’d already been stripped of. The other girls’ was to make sure the auburn-haired one was all right. Aaron slumped down against the wall just as the girls were awakening. I must’ve drained him too much.

“Alright, we have some questions for you. Who are you? Why did you attack me? What do you want? What business have you clear out here? How did you find us?” The words came out in an uncontrollable rush. I’d meant to keep things slow and dramatic but it hadn’t worked out that way. The anxiety in my powerful tendons had raced my vocals.

The nature of their capture registered in the auburn-haired girls eyes. The other one had realized this as soon as she’d been hit with the Magick’s spirals. She cleared her throat, begging the auburn to begin. “I’m Kaori. This is Sazuna. We caught you feeding on that human. We’re here to protect mankind.” The one called Kaori—the auburn—spoke reluctantly. She sat up slowly and pointed to Aaron.

I scoffed. “He’s no human you idiot. I know you’re part fox. Can’t you tell?” Her eyebrows furrowed downward. She hadn’t yet realized this. That almost bothered me. The other girl, Sazuna, shook her head at Kaori—obviously she had realized this and had tried to convince Kaori but she must not have listened.

“How do you know that?” She growled, the tiny crosses on her earrings and necklace moving side to side. Something was very ominous about that jewelry. I had the feeling it was more than just jewelry.

“I’m a full blooded vampire. I can smell it. If you harm my friends at all, I will be forced to kill you.” I nodded at Sazuna. “And she’s a mix breed.” I moved to the wall next to Aaron and leaned against it. I smoothed out my brow releasing my dangerous anger. He chuckled standing up. He towered over me.
“Control yourself now.” He whispered, putting his hand on my shoulder. He gently massaged my tense rock hard muscles. I took a deep breath before turning again on Kaori and Sazuna. I rubbed my scalp with my hand, fingering my hair.

“So you’re sensitive to smell? And you’re observant. It’d be wise then if you’d let us go.” She stood up but fell back to the bed when the pain that the magick had inflicted ran through her body. I laughed at her expense. She glared up at me with forest green eyes.

“Yes, but you’re obviously not. You are being contained by three full blood vampires and two of them have a legendary power called the Magick.’” Her eyes widened telling me she’d heard of Magick. “I am Sasomi, or better known as Vampire Hunter Ai. This is Aaron and my other friend, who has already left is Kiki. She went after your rodent.” Kaori’s eyes were like saucers in her face. “Beautiful. It seems we’ve reached an understanding.”

Kaori shook her head, as if to rid herself of the visions probably running through her head. I looked at Aaron. Sazuna’s eyes followed mine. “Would you please go get something to restrain them? I’ll keep them under control. I figure they’ve already seem my power with the little bit of the Magick I let enter them. They can’t harness it so instead it causes them pain. Someone like Kiki wouldn’t have been caused pain because she can use the Magick. It’s a very powerful gift.” It was partially true.

“Hey, I’ll go but promise me you’ll calm down.” He stood beside me with a powerful, rock hard hand on my left shoulder. He squeezed and I winced in pain. “Sorry.” He whispered before letting go and pulling me off the ground by my waist and pressing his cold, hard lips to mine softly. He let go and swiftly left.

“Aaron…” I mumbled shaking my head slowly. I heard one of the girls move. My head shot up towards the sound. “Don’t even move.” Both girls had begun to get up. They looked at each other slowly turning their heads, obviously thinking the same thought.

I knew what thought that was.

They launched at me as one, each grabbing an arm—Kaori on my left and Sazuna on my right. Kaori pulled, knocking me backwards. I screamed but only into Sazuna’s hand. Her high heeled boot held down my right arm. Aaron wouldn’t hear me and Kiki was too far away to sense me and without my arms I was nearly nothing—but nearly is far from completely. I rolled up onto my shoulders another shiver of pain rolling up my arm. My legs reached around Sazuna and pulled her down to the ground.

I would’ve called for Aaron had my ego not taken over. I assumed I’d be able to take down this duo easily. I flipped my body on top of her stomach, Kaori still being dragged behind. She hung from my body, still pulling my arm out of socket. I groaned but I still didn’t want Akio’s help so I didn’t scream.

I took my free arm—my right arm—and took a swing at Sazuna’s face. My stone cold fist made contact with her jaw with an audible crunch. Blood trickled down her chin like drool, activating my hunger. I didn’t need blood but blood still started me up. No, I wanted her to suffer. I punched her again, this time her head fell sideways but she was still conscious, for now.

I turned my fist on Kaori next. It slammed into her lower jaw knocking her off of me but not before my arm literally ripped out of socket. She carried it away with her as she fell. I moaned in pain. Tears streamed down my face. That was the first time I’d ever had a limb ripped off of my body. The girl was strong. I slouched over, putting my face on the ground and pushing as hard as I could, my shoulder squirting blood.

Finally, I screamed. I couldn’t hold it in any longer. I let out the most horrifyingly painful scream. It echoed from the walls and the ceiling. It reverberated from the floors and the windows. I screamed, again and again. I could hear Aaron but he was too far away. My eyes were becoming tunnels. I refused to pass out. I was not human and I did not need a supplement in getting away from the pain. I shook my head and my vision returned to normal besides the tears.

Aaron reappeared in the doorway just as Kaori was lunging at me again. I flipped over painfully, and took my hand off of what was left of my shoulder. I held it out to her. Instead of my usual blue spirals though, it was a broad, husky blue sword of light. It stabbed directly through her stomach, crushing her inner organs and injuring her far beyond what I’d committed to anyone else. Blood lurched from her nose and mouth. She fell from the air. I screamed again as my life blood was drained by this immense use of power.

“Aaron!” I screamed as loud as I could. He came to my side, ripping the bottom of his black shirt and wrapping it tightly around my shoulders. My blood was quickly draining which meant my life was as well. Vampires can’t live without blood—simple fact. “Help, please.” I whimpered with what little consciousness I had left.

The last thing I saw, Kiki burst through the doors and saw the commotion. Seeing that I was tended to, she headed over to Kaori, absorbing the light sword in her stomach. Then my eyes went dark.

End of Chapter 1

© Copyright 2009 HayBay (hbbaxte2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1543014-Withered-Hearts