*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1543258-Hell-Hound
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1543258
a dangerous foe will put 2 enemies on the same side of the battlefield.
PRELUDE:

He stared at her. Watched as she smiled without a care in the world. Careful not to make a sound as he moved among the bushes, 10 year old Gabe Cyrus watched the purple eyed girl laugh and play. Curiosity of this creature was going to get him into trouble and he knew it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but one day it would. She didn't seem to notice anything, not even when he stepped on a twig. The sound of the break echoed throughout the forest floor but she never stopped giggling. Gabe couldn't see her face entirely for she never turned all the way around but he knew her eyes. He would never forget her eyes.

The sound of other feet made Gabe crouch. Scared he'd gotten caught, Gabe bared his teeth and prepared for a battle. The feet came into view as Gabe prepared himself but the voices stopped him.

"Myra!" one voice yelled. "What on earth are you doing out here alone? Where's your maid?"

Gabe waited to hear the girl's voice but she never spoke. She just lifted her hands to be picked up, those purple eyes captivating all that saw them. The man that spoke lifted her up and she hung on tight. That's when he saw her face. She was beautiful and those big, bright eyes landed on him. She'd seen him! He waited for her to alert the men who walked off with her but she never did. She just stared at him. Studied him. With a short frown she turned her head away.

Gabe knew he'd never see her again and that he may have spooked her. It did not matter. He would always remember her face. She looked to be several years younger than him, therefore, too young to remember his face. Years from now, if he should ever see her again, she would not know him.

The scent of a magic stronger than his pierced the air upon their departure. He frowned. Hell hounds knew better to mix with those more powerful than them. Even though it was hard to get close enough to kill a hell hound, Gabe knew that it could be done. It had been done before and he was just a little boy. How could he protect himself? It was best he stay away from this part of the forest and that girl.
© Copyright 2009 Erica Jennings (ericajennings at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1543258-Hell-Hound